- MesuMount 200 Review
- First Light with the Prototype 8x42 Space WalkerTM 3D Binoculars
- INTERSTELLARUM DEEP-SKY ATLAS (FIELD EDITION) REVIEW
- THE BAADER BBHS-SITALL SILVER DIAGONAL
- Explore Scientific AR 102
- Review: davejlec's Paralellogram Mount
- Annals of the Deep Sky, Volumes One and Two
- Discovery 17.5” Split Tube Dobsonian Telescope
- REVIEW OF SUMERIAN OPTICS ALKAID 16” TRAVEL SCOPE
- Astrotrac TP3065 Pier Review
- Apo-tmosphere: Gutekunst ADC Review
- Optolong LRGB Filter Testing and Comparison with Baader LRGB Filters
- First Light Review: Teeter Custom TT Planet Killer 16" f/5.4
- The Baader Planetarium Morpheus
- Book Review: Astro-Imaging Projects for Amateur Astronomers by Jim Chung
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Apr 19 2012 11:50 AM | tomharri in How to . . .
Here is my solution for a one trip, everything at once, no heavy lifting, already set-up to go, scope.
Dec 22 2009 09:25 AM | admin in How to . . .
The battery holder that comes with the telescope mount is a light plastic bag which contains a four-battery holder and some wire that are only lightly attached. I do not like this contraption so I redesigned my own
Dec 17 2009 11:56 AM | admin in How to . . .
As many astronomy gazers might discover, dark adaption is the utmost priority in viewing the night sky. And, unless you're
Dec 17 2009 09:49 AM | Zamboni in How to . . .
As many astronomers know, no single type of finderscope can be considered the end-all and be-all of sighting equipment. Many observers have multiple sighting devices on a single telescope. One of the most common combinations is the
Dec 08 2009 07:24 AM | Awesomelenny in How to . . .
I have had the frustrations in connecting RoboFocus with CCD Soft in the setup. Even though CCD Soft does have RoboFocuser in its pull-down menu, the user like me is confronted with a nagging error message in CCD Soft saying it Failed to connect to Focuser! After I got this to work, I documented it.
Aug 25 2009 04:45 AM | Starman1 in How to . . .
Collimation is the alignment of the optical parts of a telescope. Though lining up the secondary under the focuser is essential for uniform illumination of the field of view, there are only two alignments in collimation: the focuser axis (done by adjusting the secondary mirror), and the Primary Axis (done by adjusting the primary mirror).
Aug 06 2009 07:57 AM | deSitter in How to . . .
The Royce conical mirrors represent a great advance in Newtonian mirror technology