Review- Printing Astro photos on Metal with Bay...
Apr 16 2015 02:36 PM by ScenicCityPhoto
16” F/4.5 Teeter Stark Review
Apr 15 2015 02:46 PM by donsell
Vixen Ascot Super Wide 10x50 Binocular Review
Apr 15 2015 11:02 AM by jvandyke
Mar 21 2015 11:54 AM by Gil V
Categories See All →
- CN Reports
- User Reviews
- How to . . .
- Observing Skills
- Astronomical History
- Optical Theory
- Vision and Related Experiments
- How to Gain the Support of your Family for your Astronomical Pursuits
- Evaluation Tips
- Special Events
- The Elements
- New Articles in [!monthname!]
- Telescope Articles
- Submit a Review / Article
- Monthly Guides
- Behind the Scenes
- About Us
- Copyright ©
- Terms & Conditions
- Tiny Eyes on the Skies
- From the Editor's Desk
- What's Up . . .
- The Light Cup Journals
- Who is this Super Light Cup?
- Cloudy Nights T-Shirts
- Imaging Contest
- Small Wonders
- Previous Imaging Contest Winners
- This Month's Skies
- Mike's Corner
- The Cloudy Nights Friends and Family Discount
- Uncle Rod's Astro Blog
- Fishing for Photons
- Binocular Universe
- Article Submissions
Gentleman's Poker Alliance
Voice your opinion about this subject in our forums
The alliance is a group of gentleman who come together every two weeks for a friendly game of skill. With such colorful individuals such as Wimpy, Coach, Rocket Launcher and Trash Heap you know you are in for a fun evening. The witty banter continues deep into the night as the gentleman have been friends for almost two decades or longer in some cases. While Texas Holdem is a game of skill, many rely on pure blind luck to advance. They call with trash and hope to felt you (take all your chips) on some random card on the River. My philosophy is, "You can’t river someone if you don’t see the river". I also like to call big raises preflop with king/six off-suit.
Some of the Card superstitions that are likely to pop up over the course of the game.
- If you have had a run of bad cards it is said to change your luck if you lay your handkerchief flat upon your chair and sit on it.
- It is said to alter the run of the cards if you turn your chair round three times or walk round it three times.
- It is good luck is to blow through the cards when they are being shuffled.
- The luckiest seat is the one which faces the door; the most unlucky is that which has its back to the fire-place.
- When cutting for deal, if you turn up the deuce of any suit, it is good luck. If two packs of cards are used and you are asked with which you wish to deal, always choose the one farthest away from you.
- The most unlucky card to hold in one's hand is the four of clubs. When changing seats at the table you should always move in a clockwise direction; that is, from right to left.
- Never pick up your cards with the left hand, or one card at a time.
- It is very unlucky to sit cross-legged when playing cards.
- If your partner should lose a game or a trick, never say Bad luck or your luck will not change.
- Friday is a bad day for card playing, while any thirteenth day of the month is considered unlucky.
Shuffle up and deal.
Next Week….A review of the two worst movies of all time. Both were released in the past 6 months on DVD after a stellar run in the theaters.