REVIEW OF SUMERIAN OPTICS ALKAID 16” TRAVEL SCOPE
Nov 26 2015 05:38 AM by alexvh
Astrotrac TP3065 Pier Review
Nov 20 2015 08:03 AM by James Waters
Apo-tmosphere: Gutekunst ADC Review
Sep 23 2015 11:18 AM by pbsastro
Optolong LRGB Filter Testing and Comparison wit...
Sep 22 2015 01:41 PM by turbo399
First Light Review: Teeter Custom TT Planet Kil...
Sep 04 2015 12:57 PM by Zellmer
The Baader Planetarium Morpheus
Aug 20 2015 10:45 AM by wapaolini
Book Review: Astro-Imaging Projects for Amateur...
Aug 15 2015 10:08 PM by Kenny2004
The Baader ASTF White Light Solar Filter
Aug 03 2015 06:28 AM by wapaolini
Gentleman's Poker Alliance
Discuss this article in our forums
The alliance is a group of gentleman who come together every two weeks for a friendly game of skill. With such colorful individuals such as Wimpy, Coach, Rocket Launcher and Trash Heap you know you are in for a fun evening. The witty banter continues deep into the night as the gentleman have been friends for almost two decades or longer in some cases. While Texas Holdem is a game of skill, many rely on pure blind luck to advance. They call with trash and hope to felt you (take all your chips) on some random card on the River. My philosophy is, "You can’t river someone if you don’t see the river". I also like to call big raises preflop with king/six off-suit.
Some of the Card superstitions that are likely to pop up over the course of the game.
- If you have had a run of bad cards it is said to change your luck if you lay your handkerchief flat upon your chair and sit on it.
- It is said to alter the run of the cards if you turn your chair round three times or walk round it three times.
- It is good luck is to blow through the cards when they are being shuffled.
- The luckiest seat is the one which faces the door; the most unlucky is that which has its back to the fire-place.
- When cutting for deal, if you turn up the deuce of any suit, it is good luck. If two packs of cards are used and you are asked with which you wish to deal, always choose the one farthest away from you.
- The most unlucky card to hold in one's hand is the four of clubs. When changing seats at the table you should always move in a clockwise direction; that is, from right to left.
- Never pick up your cards with the left hand, or one card at a time.
- It is very unlucky to sit cross-legged when playing cards.
- If your partner should lose a game or a trick, never say Bad luck or your luck will not change.
- Friday is a bad day for card playing, while any thirteenth day of the month is considered unlucky.
Shuffle up and deal.
Next Week….A review of the two worst movies of all time. Both were released in the past 6 months on DVD after a stellar run in the theaters.