- Wireless Telescope Control for Celestron (and Compatible) Scopes
- A Review of Teeter STS18
- MesuMount 200 Review
- First Light with the Prototype 8x42 Space WalkerTM 3D Binoculars
- INTERSTELLARUM DEEP-SKY ATLAS (FIELD EDITION) REVIEW
- THE BAADER BBHS-SITALL SILVER DIAGONAL
- Explore Scientific AR 102
- Review: davejlec's Paralellogram Mount
- Annals of the Deep Sky, Volumes One and Two
- Discovery 17.5” Split Tube Dobsonian Telescope
- REVIEW OF SUMERIAN OPTICS ALKAID 16” TRAVEL SCOPE
- Astrotrac TP3065 Pier Review
- Apo-tmosphere: Gutekunst ADC Review
- Optolong LRGB Filter Testing and Comparison with Baader LRGB Filters
- First Light Review: Teeter Custom TT Planet Killer 16" f/5.4
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
(A Journalistic Observation Log)
As the ole tune goes "Absence makes the heart grows fonder...♫", so is Mars to my Light Cup, indubitably its favorite planet of all planets just like two loves that are separated by the "Great (airless) Ocean" L and reunited only every two years.
The Light Cup, being a romantic J in its objective lens, proposes that we observe Mars this season in the context of the time long past (before spacecraft). Being that it is most earth-like in that we can see through the clouds, can you imagine the marias of dark continents, the vast canal, the green vegetation, or the red sea? Try leaving a century of knowledge behind and let our imagination be unshackled wildly through our observation and have a renewed, unexplored, unknown and innocent fresh pers- pective of the centuries of our great-great grandparents in the "Lingering Romance."
This is the journey of the Light Cup to Mars. And indeed a sketch or a drawing is
worth a 1,000 canals.
Well, it's done; the Country Light Cup has now turned into a city slicker Light Cup! In a way, this is our first light in the city (a suburb of San Diego). I approached this observation with great anxiety and trepidation.