- A Review of Teeter STS18
- MesuMount 200 Review
- First Light with the Prototype 8x42 Space WalkerTM 3D Binoculars
- INTERSTELLARUM DEEP-SKY ATLAS (FIELD EDITION) REVIEW
- THE BAADER BBHS-SITALL SILVER DIAGONAL
- Explore Scientific AR 102
- Review: davejlec's Paralellogram Mount
- Annals of the Deep Sky, Volumes One and Two
- Discovery 17.5” Split Tube Dobsonian Telescope
- REVIEW OF SUMERIAN OPTICS ALKAID 16” TRAVEL SCOPE
- Astrotrac TP3065 Pier Review
- Apo-tmosphere: Gutekunst ADC Review
- Optolong LRGB Filter Testing and Comparison with Baader LRGB Filters
- First Light Review: Teeter Custom TT Planet Killer 16" f/5.4
- The Baader Planetarium Morpheus
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Jun 19 2010 12:36 PM | admin in Eyepieces
The tapered recess on the 1.25" barrel of a number of Baader Hyperion eyepieces is too big. This may interfere with your focuser's or diagonal's compression ring where the eyepiece cannot firmly be secured. If you use a setscrew or you use the 2" sleeve, then this does not apply.
Jun 16 2010 01:55 PM | admin in Eyepiece Sets
If you have a moderately fast Newtonian reflector and feel in need of something in the way of an eyepiece upgrade, but don’t want to wear out the credit card too quickly, consider Orion’s Stratus eyepieces.
Jan 14 2010 07:05 AM | andydj5xp in Zooms
My acquaintance with zoom eyepieces dates back in 2001 with the purchase of my Leica 22-7.3mm Zoom for my Leica Apo-Televid 77. In 2003 I got my first astronomical telescope, a 115/805mm TMB/APM apochromat. The Leica Zoom was
Jan 06 2010 11:57 AM | DOTrevino in Eyepieces (14mm - 55mm)
I was struck with aperture fever and I sold that scope in order to purchase a mirror blank and material to make my own telescope. But I kept the good eyepieces. A few months later and my 12 inch reflector saw