Review- Printing Astro photos on Metal with Bay...
Apr 16 2015 02:36 PM by ScenicCityPhoto
16” F/4.5 Teeter Stark Review
Apr 15 2015 02:46 PM by donsell
Vixen Ascot Super Wide 10x50 Binocular Review
Apr 15 2015 11:02 AM by jvandyke
Mar 21 2015 11:54 AM by Gil V
Categories See All →
- CN Reports
- User Reviews
- How to . . .
- Observing Skills
- Astronomical History
- Optical Theory
- Vision and Related Experiments
- How to Gain the Support of your Family for your Astronomical Pursuits
- Evaluation Tips
- Special Events
- The Elements
- New Articles in [!monthname!]
- Telescope Articles
- Submit a Review / Article
- Monthly Guides
- Behind the Scenes
- About Us
- Copyright ©
- Terms & Conditions
- Tiny Eyes on the Skies
- From the Editor's Desk
- What's Up . . .
- The Light Cup Journals
- Who is this Super Light Cup?
- Cloudy Nights T-Shirts
- Imaging Contest
- Small Wonders
- Previous Imaging Contest Winners
- This Month's Skies
- Mike's Corner
- The Cloudy Nights Friends and Family Discount
- Uncle Rod's Astro Blog
- Fishing for Photons
- Binocular Universe
- Article Submissions
Orion Sirius Goto Mount
Voice your opinion about this subject in our forums
For Solar work I have used a Coronado PST Solar scope and now I have a Lunt LS60T Ha Solar scope.
I purchased Orion Sirius Goto Mount to replace my G11 because I could no longer handle the weight of the G11.
I purchased it because it has the following capabilities:
- It is computerized with a goto capability.
- It is fairly light and easy to carry around and set up without breaking my back.
- It is has an autoguider port .
- It tracks very well for astrophotography.
- It has very little backlash in either axis.
- It is not very expensive. Only about $1200.
- It has a nice polar alignment scope and is easy to align.
- It has an add-on GPS accessory.
I would recommend this mount for anyone who plans to use optical tubes like an 8" SCT or smaller. I did not use it with any larger scopes but it probably would also work with a C9.25 SCT, or an 8" Newtonian Optical tube.