CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

List of Observatories

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#151 DAVID!

DAVID!

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Wasilla, Alaska

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have to give a shout out to the folks in Fremont Michigan @ the Stephen F. Wessling Observatory http://www.sfwobservatory.org/ On 21 Jul 2012 these folks greeted us warm welcome to myself and my family, to include Sister-in-law and Nephew for our first Observatory visit Ever. Special thanks to Sherry, Stephen and two of the 4 Terry's for all their info.... Anyone in West Michigan, should go see their observatory, just 5 miles North of Fremont on Stone and Baseline road.

#152 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators
  • Loc: Mandeville, LA USA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Going through this thread, I noticed two things; a lot of members that haven't been around for a while and that somehow, I missed it and never put my obs, Distant Thunder, in the thread. It was built by me and something I'll never do again; build an obs in the middle of July in SE Looziana. Just too hot. Anyway, this picture is from early December of 2009 when we had a VERY rare snow storm. We ended up with nearly 6" of snow. Yea, I know, you yanks laugh at 6" of snow (I'm from NE Ohio), but here, it's a near disaster.

[image]Posted Image[/image]

David

#153 LoveChina61

LoveChina61

Apollo

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Here's a picture of my Phoenix observatory followed by a picture of my "guard dog" nestled up close to a nearby burro cactus.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#154 RobertED

RobertED

Gemini

• Loc: Smithfield, RI

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Woah!!....nice doggie!, nice doggie!!! :bigshock:

#155 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators
  • Loc: Mandeville, LA USA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

I hear it tastes like chicken. :lol:

David

#156 PhilCo126

PhilCo126

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: coastline of Belgium

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Now here is a LIST of observatories :

http://www.astronomi...s-astronomiques

RefractorPhill :graduate:

#157 Calypte

Calypte

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Anza, California

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

I hear it tastes like chicken. :lol:

David

Actually, it does!

#158 RobertED

RobertED

Gemini

• Loc: Smithfield, RI

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:46 PM

Here's my humble abode. It was used as a film warehouse in the 90s. At any one time there would be 1000s of 500 foot Kodak and Cinerex medical film rolls stored inside. Heavy insulation and air conditioning kept conditions right. The industry now uses CDs for imaging making this my Observatory base. Those steps on the front come up 9 feet covering the ground floor. Then the second floor has a 10 foot ceiling with an 8 foot floor on the third. The warm room is in the roofed in 4th. floor area with folding steps to the observatory. Let's just say moving a 14" LX200 GPS up all those steps (57) to the observatory is a ..... challenge. But it does make a nice platform.

I'm redoing the website right now and will post a link later. (Answered Joel below by PM).

The link will be www.Astro.Medical-Dynamics.net

Swweeeeeeett!!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics