Free Digital Imaging Resource - Updated

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Tom T

Tom T

ISS

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:46 AM

AstroPhoto Insight is a bi-monthly digital magazine dedicated to exploring and sharing the latest innovations and techniques in the constantly changing field of amateur astrophotography. Astrophoto Insight offers material to keep the hard-core astrophotographer interested, while providing a variety of practical and basic information to be of great value to the beginner as well. You can get the current issue for free at

http://www.astrophotoinsight.com

#2 Tom T

Tom T

ISS

• Administrators

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

Al Degutis has modified the astrophotoinsight.com page so that if it detects that the user is redirected from Cloudy Nights, they get an extra link offering up all the back issues. The page has a built in expiration of June 30th.

#3 ................

Viking 1

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

Great resource Tom, thanks for the tip. I especially like their CD book "Guide to Astrophotography with Digital SLR Cameras" I found. This site and book is going to help me a lot while I learn how to use my C80/CPC/Rebel XTi together. :)

#4 Peter J. Rosado

Peter J. Rosado

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: San Germán, Puerto Rico

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

Is there anyway I can have the mags :-( I seem to have seen this thread just about now! :-( thanks.

#5 Andy Weeks

Andy Weeks

Explorer 1

• Loc: Batavia, IL

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:51 AM

You can get the latest issue for free and back issues for a nominal fee. I have found this magazine to be the most valuable resource available for astrophotography.

#6 villaltame

villaltame

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Cartago, Costa Rica

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for the link !
It's exactly what Im looking for.

#7 Alen K

Alen K

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hasn't been free for quite a while, guys. But I'm sure it's worth the small membership fee they're asking.

#8 dkb

dkb

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Minnesota

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Does astrophotoinisight.com still exist? I've been trying for weeks and from my location it says the server is not responding. Every other site works fine for me and it looks like Google even has some recent caches of the site that I can see. Does someone have a contact for them so I can e-mail them to see what the issue might be?

#9 bardo

bardo

Viking 1

• Loc: US

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

works for me :shrug:

#10 dkb

dkb

Messenger

• -----

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:54 AM

I can traceroute all the way up to their server and their server is blocking access for me. Maybe they had problems with some IP#'s causing problems and blocked a subnet that included mine but for whatever reason they are blocking me from accessing it.

Update: I used an anonymous proxy server to contact them on their website. Hopefully they will get back to me.
Thanks.

#11 BV-OpPrime

BV-OpPrime

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

I cannot access it either

#12 mtnmedic

mtnmedic

Late for dinner

• Loc: Antelope, Oregon

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

I clicked the link in the OP just now and it came up without a problem.

Perhaps a brief hiccup with their servers? Also try deleting 1) your temporary internet files cache and 2) your cookies cache then restart your browser and try again.

#13 dkb

dkb

Messenger

• -----

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

I did a trace route using the command line, no browser involved and their server is not allowing any connection for me and apparently others. I visit a lot of sites and have never had this issue before. It really appears as though their server is blocking access for certain ip numbers/ranges. They may not even be aware of it if the blocking is being performed by whoever is hosting the site.

#14 ringlord

ringlord

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Kansas City

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

All--

I hit their site without problem. I wish they had at least one free issue to preview. I would like to get a solid feel for the money spent.

--Bill

#15 adegutis

adegutis

Vendor (AstroPhoto Insight)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: McHenry County, Illinois

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

Bill,

Currently the December 2008 issue is a free download to registered users. Click here to register with a free account: http://www.astrophot...m/user/register

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics