• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#201 Starman1

Starman1

Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Anyone input the Delos line into the settings?

All the Delos eyepieces except the 17.3 and 14 will use setting "D" with the Paracorr's supplied 1.25" adapter.
The 17.3 and 14 will require setting "A" for right now, also using the 1.25" adapter.
There may be another, lower-profile, 1.25" adapter for the 17.3 and 14.0 a little later on, as the "perfect" correction for those two will require a setting a little farther in than setting "A".
But "A" will still correct a lot better than no Paracorr, in the same way that the original Paracorr didn't completely correct the 31 Nagler or 21 Ethos but they still were improved a lot over no Paracorr.

Don, will the 17.3/14 Delos only come close to working optimally with the Type 2 ParaCorr? I tried both in my Type 1 (PCV-2000) on setting 1 and the 14 Delos edge performance compared to the XW 14 left much to be desired in the f/4.3 STS 11.

TeleVue now makes an "In Travel" adapter that drops the shoulder of the 17.3 and 14 Delos 1/8" below the top of the Paracorr. If the 17.3 and 14 are used with this adapter, they become parfocal with the 12-3.5mm range when those are used with the standard adapter that comes in the Paracorr.
If there is an optimum setting for the 3.5-12mm Delos in the Paracorr 1 (and they would all use the same setting), the use of the In-Travel adapter will allow the 17.3mm and 14mm to use the same setting as all the other Delos eyepieces.
Since the short focal length Delos are parfocal with most of TeleVue's 1.25" eyepieces, and none of them used setting 1 in the original Paracorr, the key is to use the correct setting for the other 1.25" eyepieces (I can't remember if it was setting 2 or 4 when using the supplied 1.25" adapter) and use that same setting for the Delos range.
If the 17.3mm and 14mm Delos are then used with the new adapter, that setting would also be optimum for them.

#202 Starman81

Starman81

Surveyor 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: Metro Detroit, MI, USA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

TeleVue now makes an "In Travel" adapter that drops the shoulder of the 17.3 and 14 Delos 1/8" below the top of the Paracorr. If the 17.3 and 14 are used with this adapter, they become parfocal with the 12-3.5mm range when those are used with the standard adapter that comes in the Paracorr.
If there is an optimum setting for the 3.5-12mm Delos in the Paracorr 1 (and they would all use the same setting), the use of the In-Travel adapter will allow the 17.3mm and 14mm to use the same setting as all the other Delos eyepieces.
Since the short focal length Delos are parfocal with most of TeleVue's 1.25" eyepieces, and none of them used setting 1 in the original Paracorr, the key is to use the correct setting for the other 1.25" eyepieces (I can't remember if it was setting 2 or 4 when using the supplied 1.25" adapter) and use that same setting for the Delos range.
If the 17.3mm and 14mm Delos are then used with the new adapter, that setting would also be optimum for them.

Thanks Don. The setting for 1.25" TV eyepieces in the ParaCorr Type 1 is setting 4, so I'll have to try them out with the In-Travel adapter.

#203 Phillip Creed

Phillip Creed

Idiot Seeking Village

• Moderators
  • Loc: Canton, OH

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Paracorr Type-1:

30ES-82: Setting ~ 1.7 (closer to "2" than to "1").

This would put it at around the same setting as a 20T5, if you're thinking about a Baader MPCC for this eyepiece.

Clear Skies,
Phil

#204 charles genovese

charles genovese

Viking 1

• Loc: Madisonville Louisiana

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

My understanding of coma correctors is they should be a fixed distance from the primary ( or correspondingly a fixed distance inside the focal plane). Therefore th proper way to do this is to set the focuser to maintain the paracor at the proper location and actually focus using the paracor tunable top!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics