CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Small Binocular Reports Part III: The 42mm Roofs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 asaint

asaint

Vanguard

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

42mm Roofs

#2 timmbottoni

timmbottoni

Surveyor 1

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

Excellent job again.

The Garrett 8x42 APO model appears the same as the WO 8x42 APO model that I own.

I am anxiously awaiting the rest of the reviews to decide what I might want for a second pair of binocs that would be better for Astro use.

Thanks,

Timm

#3 astroducky

astroducky

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:27 AM

Excellent article Ed. The test you made on the Nikon 10x42 Monarch is similar to what I observe of my binoculars. The sharpness of stars across the FOV is good but for on-axis resolution and contrast on terrestrial targets, it was a bit lacking. The field is rather flat which is a good point for astronomy use though and the bino is very light.

Will there be a comparison article of all these 42mm roofs with premium roof binoculars from Zeiss, Leica etc?

#4 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:53 AM

Will there be a comparison article of all these 42mm roofs with premium roof binoculars from Zeiss, Leica etc?

No there will not. Not in my budget. Sorry.

edz

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics