Mount for TEC160ED

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 insinu8

insinu8

Messenger

• Loc: Sunnyvale, CA

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:34 PM

I just completed assembly of the Atlas + AP 48" pier + ATS adapter. It took longer than expected due to some mis-communication between myself and ATS about the dimensions of the adapter (it had to be re-made).

Even so, there were some tweaks I had to make (one worked well, the other I'm not too happy about. That's what happens sometimes when you have "custom" work done)

While all of this was going on, I've been using my DM-6 + G-11 for the TEC and loving it. It's a solid mount and very easy to set-up and use. I admit, I haven't been using the sky commander I ordered with it (It's still in the box) but I've not felt it was necessary.

I DID, however, mount my NP127is onto the newly assembled Atlas+AP pier and took some pictures which I will post in the next day or two. It looks pretty nice so far!

#52 Mike Clemens

Mike Clemens

Frozen to Eyepiece

• Loc: Alaska, USA

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

pictures

#53 insinu8

insinu8

Messenger

• Loc: Sunnyvale, CA

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

pictures

Ask, and ye shall recieve:

Posted Image

Yes, I know...it's not the TEC160ED...

I've been laid up sick for a couple of days and haven't had the energy to swap the OTA's on the mount/pier. But I will, and will post a pic of the lovely TEC+Atlas+Pier as soon as I'm not feeling so poorly.

#54 Mike Clemens

Mike Clemens

Frozen to Eyepiece

• Loc: Alaska, USA

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

we'll let the TeleVue slide since yer sick : ) get well !

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics