Photo

Takahashi Mewlon 250 - Astrophotography

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 asaint

asaint

Vanguard

Posted 07 October 2003 - 06:46 PM

Suk,

You put a great deal of work into this article. In fact I believe you have set some new standards for astrophotography reviews. Wish I knew more about astrophotography - anyone with some serious experience wish to comment?

The formatting errors in the article are my fault. I'm still working on getting rid of them.

Tak Mewlon Review

#2 Charles

Charles

Skylab

• -----

Posted 07 October 2003 - 08:22 PM

Great review and I had already made up my mind that the Mewlon would be my next scope. Just have to pay-off my Toa-130 first!

Charles :D

#3 Oldfield

Oldfield

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators

Posted 08 October 2003 - 02:10 AM

Charles, see the images by Tan Wei Leong, you will make up your mind very easily:

http://www.sg-planets.org/

#4 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 08 October 2003 - 10:58 PM

I checked out the Saturn series. Man that hurts! His technique got better and better, then boom, he uses the Mewlon and there is a huge increase in sharpness. I suspect his collimation may not have been to the nine nines on the C11 but his technique seems to indicate he knows exactly what he's doing. How am I going to afford a Mewlon? :bawling:

To think those images are with a ToUcam. Oldfield, YOU could use a Mewlon!

#5 Oldfield

Oldfield

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators

Posted 09 October 2003 - 02:04 AM

I cannot afford a mewlon, both in terms of money, and space... you know that I was taking image inside my urban center apartment, through an openned window.

C8 and C9.25 are great, but the C11, is not, at least I've never seen a good one, nor seen any good photo from a C11.

#6 Suk Lee

Suk Lee

Aurora

• Moderators

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:01 PM

Oldfield:

Especially impressive Saturn shots since you took them from inside your apartment.

Are you high up to get above the street thermals??

Suk

#7 Charles

Charles

Skylab

• -----

Posted 09 October 2003 - 08:05 PM

Oldfield, I have already seen most of his photos and they just make me sick with envy! They are beautiful!

Charles :)

#8 Oldfield

Oldfield

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators

Posted 10 October 2003 - 01:40 AM

I suffer from the poorest seeing, always. But the beauty of webcam is that, you can wait until a short moments with better seeing, and you click and capture it. That's all.

Yes, the Mewlon is crazy especially on the hand of Wei Leong, somehow even more powerful than Eric Ng's 10" R.F. Royce newtonian.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics