The target for this thread is NGC 253. Observations can be in any of the bandwidths, using any media that you choose. Please add any tutorial/tips contributions to this thread so we can use it as a handy reference.
The sketching forum has grown so much this past year, thanks to all of you who have shared their techniques, encouragement and enthusiasm. This forum has become yet another invaluable source of information, allowing us to learn from each other and improve with each sketch and observation.
CN already has a contest for images/sketches that is a way for us to have fun and show what can be accomplished through our observations. We continue striving to â€œcreate a range of options for members to explore as they use CN to develop their skills and interest in this hobbyâ€ (a quote by Tom Watson that I certainly couldnâ€™t have worded better).
With this in mind, we have set up a monthly thread with a common target. You are encouraged to supply any or all of the following within these threads, creating a valuable tool for learning how to observe and render that object:
- tips on how to observe that object, filters or other equipment used
- media tried and tested for your renderings
- mini tutorial with an explanation and or/photos on how you did created the observation sketch
- link to any reports involved with the target, after all, these are observation sketches and links to reports will help all of us learn the object better as well as learn what to look for and how to optimize your viewing/sketching session
- or finally, just the sketch itself so we can all see each other's works in progress
NGC 253 - October 08's Target/Tutorial
No replies to this topic