Photo

Yet another new product from Astro-Tech.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 AlienRatDog

AlienRatDog

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ann Arbor

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

Also, what materials are the mirrors, are they Pyrex? Also, are the mirror coatings enhanced?

#27 AlienRatDog

AlienRatDog

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Ann Arbor

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

Never mind the mirror coating question...I just read it... :tonofbricks:

#28 islandsteve11

islandsteve11

Vanguard

• Loc: World Class LP of Las Vegas

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

Any idea if Astrozap's flexible dewshield for a C6 will fit?
If not, what will?

#29 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Carmel, NY

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hi Mike, is the 2" visual back use set screws or is it of the compession ring style? I think the design look real good, and very affordable for a 6" Rumak MCT, wanna see one up close, the pics on the site just tell some of the story but looks good so far. :goodjob: :goodjob:
Jim

#30 Astronomics

Astronomics

Vendor: Astronomics

• Administrators
  • Loc: Right Here

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

I will find out about he dew shield.

The scope will have compression ring.

#31 Clive Gibbons

Clive Gibbons

Mostly Harmless

• Loc: Oort Cloud

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

Full write up with specs here and pics.

Made by Bosma?
Looks just like this one.

#32 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

Hi Mike, I was wondering if your company has brought any of these scopes to an optical lab for testing of the optics like P/V wavefront error or Strehl ratio. That would be nice to see how they do up against the russian mac's which seem to be the benchmark for MCT's nowadays. Its nice that the scope is of the Rumak design and as long as the factory placement of the secondary onto the corrector there should be no need for any collimation issues except for the primary. I kinda like the way this scope has the added plusses on the cool down with the 1" plugs and I am sure someone will fit small micro computer fans on the back of these for faster cool down. You might want to change the finder bracket to use the more standard Vixen finder shoes. The scope does not seem to take any of the standard SCT adapters in the back but look like it has a 2" opening which would make it very good for placing DSLR's or CCD imagers for planetary AP work, different but nice for some that may want to image with this scope. Overall your scope looks real good and let the Might Kong live long! :bow:

#33 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

Any spec yet on the 8" and when are you going to ship any of these to New Jersey and will they have more than one,lol , I'm feeling like a road trip is in order.
regards
Jim

#34 dougspeterson

dougspeterson

Apollo

• Loc: SANTA ANA, CA

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

The similar Bosma is advertised by a vendor as:

"Secondary mirror diameter 48 mm - physical diameter
57mm - total obstruction including baffle - this baffle is often ignored in technical specifications."

That would work out of 38% assuming the primary mirror baffle doesn't add. That would be quite typical of maks or SCTs of this aperture. The rumak design likes to evolve to longer F#s for the primary, probably about F3ish.

#35 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hi Mike,well I pulled the trigger on the AT6M, talked with Fred over the weekend and he was holding the demo scope on his desk for me so I ordered it up on monday but since you guys have that bad ice storm it wont be shipped till mid week maybe. I didn't know Fred was the owner, very nice fellow and he did say that the demo unit doesn't have the compression ring visual back so I'll be ordering that when the next batch comes in. I hope to get the scope ot when it comes and if you like I'll report back. A astro buddy bought the one you sent to your NJ dealer right off there sales floor and he so far likes the scope, put it up against a Meade 102Ed and the MAC blew it away,no false color,very good star test and sharp stars right to the edge of feild was his report so far and much better contrast on M42 over the 102ED with greater nebulosity.
regards
Jim

#36 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hi Doug, even on most all sct's the secondary baffle is not speced out but in most its a few mm larger than the secondary cause of the steep light cone. Anyway I just received one of the demo's from Astronomics on the AT6M, real nice scope so far bur its outside and letting the lil puppy cool down and ready to rock. I called up last weekend to order one and they said all they had was two demo's left, Fred gave me a nice discount on it and had it shipped on monday, all the synta finder shoes fit and its fit and finish is real nice. Will see how it does on the moon in a few min..
Jim

#37 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

• Loc: Stoop Landing Observatory, NYC

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

Any updates on the Astro-Tech 200mm f/12 Mak?

#38 Geo557

Geo557

Astro-Scout

• Moderators
  • Loc: SE GA

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

Mike, how about the AT90EDT "Lite" version? I would think the inventory on the standard model is starting to thin down.?

#39 bryan242

bryan242

Ranger 4

• Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

Mike, how about the AT90EDT "Lite" version? I would think the inventory on the standard model is starting to thin down.?

bump! Any news on this? :question:

#40 Trombone

Trombone

Viking 1

• Loc: Canadian west (and north!)

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

I would think the TMB 92 SS L would compete. Likely the 92 glass and cell with the AT tube, focuser, etc.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics