• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joulin

joulin

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Well,

Finally I bought myself a telescope. The Skywatcher Skymax127 Synscan Goto. The scope is excellent, but the tripod is worthless. After a few weeks one of the bindings broke. I contacted the Ebay seller, Photo Express Lakeland in England. They say the product is still under warrant. But instead of helping me (refund, new tripod or another solution), the only thing they did was to forward my e-mail to the dealer in England. Optical Vision. That was two weeks ago, still no response (I live in Holland).

So, be careful when orderering at Photo Express Lakeland... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Attached Files

#2 joulin

joulin

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:39 AM

Well, it has been more than three weeks no that I have sent an e-amil to the seller, Photo Express Lakeland. Nothing happened. So much for customers service.
I decided to sent a complaint to Skywatcher itself, Which I did. I hope they have the decency to deal with the problem...

#3 John Huntley

John Huntley

Viking 1

• Loc: South West England

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Hi,

This is the website of Optical Vision Ltd (OVL) who are the main importer of Skywatcher scopes in the UK. Most of the UK dealers get their supplies through OVL and they are quite helpful if you contact them direct:

http://www.opticalvision.co.uk/

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

John
SW England

#4 joulin

joulin

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:25 AM

That's it then. Skywatcher is not answering my mails as well (not even after a second mail from my hand). I must say that I am very disappointed and frustrated that nor the seller (Photo Express Lakeland), nor the distributor in England (Optical Vision) is willing to help me. A few weeks ago I got a few responses from Photo Express, saying that they were forwarding my mails. But now they too don't respond. Like Optical Vision doesn't.

Apparently, for them not talking about a problem means it does not exist.

So be it. Well, at least now I know where not to buy and what not to buy....

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics