Heavy Duty Altaz with Slow Motion controls

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 Starlighter

Starlighter

Aurora

• Loc: Sunny California

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

After seeing that two headed version on the Kunming link, I wish Vic went with it instead of the single head version.

#27 drexelpbp

drexelpbp

Ranger 4

• Loc: Phoenixville,PA

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

Where can you buy the Kunming two headed mount?

#28 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Carmel, NY

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:51 AM

Clive that new mounts got slow mos and locks, looks good, who will be the first to bring it into the US???

#29 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:02 AM

Other than SV who only shows the mount with one scope mounting on the head who might be next to bring it in with the two headed option????

#30 Stellarvue1

Stellarvue1

Vendor (StellarVue)

• Vendors
  • Loc: California, USA

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

As mentioned, we outsourced this project. KU modified the design to make a dual mount. Our mount has encoders and holds a single telescope. Their mount is not encoder capable but holds two. I originally considered a dual mount option but we did not think the KU design was the answer.

So right now, Paul at KU and I are designing a dual telescope mount that is of comparable size, is more stable than the current KU dual mount, is geared and encoder ready. Stellarvue will hold the exclusive as we have with our current MG and MGE mounts since we are investing in the molds. But the price of the dual mount will be comparable with the MG.

Vic Maris

#31 Waduino

Waduino

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Richmond Hill, Ontario

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Nice, so will it be available with Star Commander?
Any target date?
Wad.

#32 NHRob

NHRob

Aurora

• Loc: New Hampshire

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

sounds great. Target dates?

Rob

#33 jrbarnett

jrbarnett

Eyepiece Hooligan

• Loc: Petaluma, CA

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

The improvements you've made, particularly the axial encoders, sound awesome. A very intriguing mount. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I've been toying with adding encoders to my Lapides modded Teegul, but this looks like a better option.

Regards,

Jim

#34 skyjim

skyjim

Surveyor 1

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

Well thats cool for those who want encoders but I would not mind the stock mount he lists on the UO page. I have been thru the Vixen porta mounts and the Voyagers, both are nice and have slow mos but other than a 80mm scope and I think these mounts were designed around that, there OK. I had the Orion SV Alt/Az pro mount and it did hold two scope real well but no slow mos. Maybe I should just contact Kuming and see if they sell samples directly. Sorry Vic but I dont need to pay for your final QC, with mounts its very easy to figure them out and make most adjustments on my own and I still have a few good tripods laying around to be used with plus I feel the MG mount is a wee bit overpriced for something that is relabled from far east suppliers.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics