Losmandy adapter for Voyager Mount

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim C

Tim C

Apollo

• Loc: Marietta, GA

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

Hello - I just picked up a voyager mount for use with a 4 inch refractor primarily but may also want to throw my C8 on it occasionally. The C8 has a losmandy dovetail on it though. I've seen losmandy to vixen adapters but not sure if something exists that will go the other way. Looking for a low hassle way to use my C8 on the voyager from time to time. Any suggestions?

Thanks

#2 Tim C

Tim C

Apollo

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

Well I see ADM sells one so guess I didn't look hard enough. Curious if there are any less expensive options so I'll keep looking. ADM is good stuff though.

#3 Luigi

Luigi

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: MA

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

Let us know how it works out with a C8 on it.

#4 Tim C

Tim C

Apollo

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

Got the adapter from Anthony today and it works quite well to hold my CGEM-800 OTA (C8). Here is a pic if anyone is interested. The screw on the vixen plate does strike the side of the vixen to losmandy adapter so I'll need to get a longer screw but that shouldn't be difficult. The voyager seems to hold the C8 very well. I don't plan on using the C8 very often with it but wanted to be able to put it on there to mess around in the back yard and maybe tweak collimation etc. The Stellarvue SV105 will be on it most of the time.

Attached Files

#5 Tim C

Tim C

Apollo

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

and another pic

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics