CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

8" Meade and neq6

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 djfolchetto

djfolchetto

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

Hi,
I am new in this forum and I need you help. I would buy the neq6 to mount my lx200 8" because I am tired to have a lot of problems during the guiding :-( being an astrophotographer.... Moreover I would buy a CCD too. My intention is to defork my 8" and mount it on the NEQ6. I know the problem of mirror shift during the focusing and guiding, but I would undestand if I have to change the optic scope considering the CCD purchase and the expectations of this equipment configuration.
have you a nice sky.

#2 SpaceDog

SpaceDog

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:40 AM

Hi,

I have a meade 8" and an HEQ6 Skyscan, I think this is basically the same as your setup, I guide with it using an 80mm guide scope (80mmF5 skywatcher) QHY6 and astro art.

I have no issues with the guiding of the scope, the mount is very stable and work well, however I do use EQMOD and no the hand controller, but that makes no difference for guiding because I use the guide port on the camera and mount.

Here is the most recent example of guiding and imaging with the setup from London, UK.

http://tinyurl.com/cqkwjl

This is a 70% reduction of the image from an Atik 314L, Ha and Luminance combined as a false colour image.

Dispite some of the posts on this forum if you get a new EQ6, the steppers and gears etc are ok, I seven people with these mounts and we all use them for astro photography at focal lengths upto 2 meters +.

If you have any questions drop me a note.

Here's some other examples

http://www.flickr.co...57606739629092/

Nearly all of them were taken with an EQ6

Chris

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics