CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Sketch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 ZachK

ZachK

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

So about a week ago I bought myself a sketch pad and last night was the first clear night I could take it out with my scope. I sketched Gassendi and the area around it. I will post a scan of the sketch later. I'm pretty happy with the result for a first try. The next time we have a clear sky I will try another target.

#2 rolandlinda3

rolandlinda3

Gemini

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

Good, Zach. Look forward to seeing a scan of your first sketch. Just attach it to this thread that says you did it ... I am sure you will get some comments to encourage you. Roland

#3 ZachK

ZachK

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

I asked my wife to scan the image, but her scanner is not working. So I'll scan it at work tomorrow.

Tonight looks like a no-go for observing, due to a sandstorm here.

#4 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

Zach,

I look forward to seeing your first sketch. Here's hoping your sandstorm goes away soon.

#5 varmint

varmint

I invite more abuse

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

Ohh, Zach, you're such a tease! Just kidding.

I hope you get your image posted soon, I'm not sure how many can take the anticipation... :grin:

Do you have a digital camera? You could take a picture and post that in the mean time.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics