Photo

37 days untill NEAIC 2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

Apollo

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

Hi all,
We are getting down to the wire with only 38 days to go before the North East Astro Imaging Conference kicks off again, Get your NEAIC registration forms in before all the seats are gone. The North East Astro Imaging Conference is April 16 – 17 and is the world’s premier astro imaging conference. Every one is sure to enjoy this year’s conference with more the 20 Exhibitors and great lectures by Tony Hallas, Jerry Lodriguss, Mike Unsold, J.P. Metsavainio, and others. NEAIC is only 38 days away and SPACE IS LIMITED so get your registrations in now to reserve your slot. Registration forms can be found at http://www.rocklanda...omy.com/NEAIC/. See you in April!
Bob Moore

#2 Moggi1964

Moggi1964

Vendor - Astro Laugh

• Vendors

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

The last two years I have attended were brilliant Bob.

I'm doing my best to sort out work commitments to be able to come again this year; I really don't want to miss it.

#3 Gone caving

Gone caving

Vendor (Lunt Solar Systems, Lunt Engineering)

• Vendors

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

Everyone works very hard to make this a great event. From the organizers to the speakers , all strive to give it their best. As with any event , we all need to support our hobby, I ask all of you to get involved in something.
To help the cause of ASTRONOMY. Please do whatever you can do to help promote it to our youth. Get out there, go out one evening and put your scope on a busy street corner and show people our heavens. If is not about seeing deep sky objects ,but our closest neighbors /The Moon/Venus/Saturn/Jupiter . All of these will blow away most youngsters as well as adults.

Just do it ! Or all of this will go away.

Alan

#4 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

Apollo

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

Thanks Alan, We are down to about 24 spots left for NEAIC 2009, it look like we will sell out again this year. I want to thank every one for there support and signing up for what some people have called the best imaging conference in the country. If you have not registered yet you still have time, Just go to the Rockland Astronomy Club web site and cleck on the NEAIC link and down load the form. Also check out what we have planed for you this year on the Schedule of Events page.

Bob

#5 Gone caving

Gone caving

• Vendors

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

The last two years I have attended were brilliant Bob.

I'm doing my best to sort out work commitments to be able to come again this year; I really don't want to miss it.

Maybe I could speak to your boss??? :bow:

#6 Rusty

Rusty

Hubble

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:30 AM

I'm working on a couple of potential attendees...:grin:

#7 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

Apollo

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

Thanks Rusty, we have about 20 spots left as of Friday.

Bob

#8 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

Apollo

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hi Everyone, you still have time to get in on the 2009 NorthEast Astro-Imaging Conference April 16th and 17th, At Rockland Community College in Suffern,NY

Here’s who's going to be giving talks this year

Peter Ceravolo, Sheldon Faworski, Tony Hallas, Gary Honis, Imelda Joson, Warren Keller, Jerry Lodriguss, Steven Mazlin J. P. Metsävainio, Olivier Thizy, Dave Snay, & Mike Unsold

This year we will also be holding a Thursday Evening Progam Steve Mazlin will run a remote imaging session from SSRO at New Mexico Skies and/or CTIO in Chile

Our vendor list includes:

Adirondack Astronomy, Apogee Instruments, Astronomics, Canon USA, CCDWare, Ceravolo Optical Systems, Diffraction Limited, Finger Lakes Instrumentation, Fishcamp Engineering, Images Plus, The Imaging Source, IP4AP, OPT, Optec, Quantum Scientific, Santa Barbara Instrument Group, Software Bisque, Starlight Xpress, Tele Vue Optics, Vixen Optics, Willmann-Bell, See all the new products being introduced at NEAIC 2009!

Our door prizes include:
Grand Prize: Astro-Tech AT8RC 8" Ritchey-Chrétien astrograph - donated by Astronomics
First Prize: Meade: DSI Pro III - donated by Meade Instruments
2nd Prize: Canon XSi DSLR - donated by Canon USA
3rd Prize: QSI $500.00 Gift Cert - donated by Quantum Scientific Imaging
4th Prize: CCDSoft - donated by Software Bisque
5th Prize: Starry Night Pro Plus - donated by Orion Telescopes
6th Prize: ProOptic 500mm f/6.3 Mirror Lens - donated by Adorama
7th Prize: The Handbook of Astronomical Image Processing - donated by Willmann-Bell
8th Prize: Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager - donated by Celestron

Now here is the catch We only have 6 spots left and the only way to get in on this great conference is to fax your registration Form to me before Wednesday 4/15 10:00am
So if you would like to come Please E-Mail me at N2IXA@OPTONLNE.NET & I’ll give you the fax Number

Bob

#9 Gone caving

Gone caving

• Vendors

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

Are there still any spaces avialable ? :question: :question: :question:

For me.

#10 Moggi1964

Moggi1964

Vendor - Astro Laugh

• Vendors

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

You don't have time for NEAIC Aan; far too busy!

Bob, I may sneak in the back. If Markus asks tell him you haven't seen me :)

#11 Gone caving

Gone caving

• Vendors

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:18 AM

Please ask my wife if I can go :question: :question: :question:

As you know ,I always ask her first.... :lol:

#12 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

Apollo

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

No We are sold out AGAIN!!!!

Bob

#13 Dr Morbius

Dr Morbius

Soyuz

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

NOT AGAIN !!!! oh wait, that's good.

#14 antilles72

antilles72

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

Congrats Bob. Someday when time and finances allow, I would love to get into AP. I hope NEAIC will still be around to educate me.

#15 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

Apollo

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

NEAIC was a big hit JP got the first ever standing ovation. He hit it out of the park. THANK YOU all for coming. Next years NEAIC will have a bit of a twist, stay tuned its gonna be GREAT.

I also want to thank Mike and the all the great peoples at Astronomics for the GREAT, GRAND prize ( a 8" RC )

BOb

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics