30 replies to this topic

#26 mischief

mischief

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northern California

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

Hi, Manny,

I have an AT Voyager. Your modifications look interesting; I think I'd like to be able to mount the OTA from the bottom instead of the side. How can I find out more information about your modifications? and How could I get them? I am mechanically challenged (in other words a klutz) so need to be able to modify easily. I'll for now, mostly be using the Voyager with my Lunt 60T H alpha B600 solar scope. Any information greatly appreciated.

Speaking of modifications, do you or anyone know of some kind of wheels I could use with the Voyager so as to just wheel it out of my garage. I have trouble lifting anything very heavy and, unfortunately, the Voyager fits into that category. I know JMI has Wheely bars and they might work, but something less expensive would be nice. Also, do the JMI MicroSlew motors for the Voyager work with your mods? Thanks in advance.

Dorothy :confused:

#27 Manny Myles

Manny Myles

Cosmos

• Loc: Far South of the flyover city of Chicago

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hi Mark,
Yes the dovetail mount saddle bolts to the arm of the new bracket. The place where the saddle gets bolted to can have a number of spacings for different saddles, my own can have either a Vixen or AT mounted on there depending on my mood
With Carol's , she wanted 2 set of holes to mount the shoe to an even out postion and the other that brings the scope further forward, depending on which scope she wanted to have on there, hence the straight out arm then the right turn forward.
I make these in any combination I can think of then if the person that wants something special ,well thats what they get .
What exactly do I call, its a good question as the Porta's version is a Portabracket, I do have some acrynoms but Carol would have to sensor them and I don't want to add to her work load ,,, one of the better ones is "PHAT" pan handle AT, pronounced FAT which is jut the adaptor plate and pan handle.
Another is PHAT RAAT for Pan HandleAT Right AngleAT pronounced Fat Rat, which would be the pan handle then the right angle arm to mount the saddles on.
My own version is a PHAT Black RAAT painted balck and most times people who do get these get the PHAT "Lab" RAAT which would be the white in color.
I could have a website but still would field the same questions asked here and thru any number of PM's and toss in a few emails with photos of the parts I make, you might get what you need, even making stuff that is only a dream in someone's head.<G>
m2

#28 Manny Myles

Manny Myles

Cosmos

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hi Dorothy,
I have yet to see a good photo of the JMI system from the angle I'd need to know if it would work, but I betcha it would work.
PM sent
m2

#29 mischief

mischief

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Thanks, Manny,

I think I've changed my mind about the JMI Wheeley bars. I've looked at the ScopeBuggy and ScopeRollers. I think either would work with your modifications. I haven't received your PM yet.

I love your "signature" about light. I am going to quote that to a lot of people.

Dorothy

:roflmao:

#30 Manny Myles

Manny Myles

Cosmos

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

PM finally sent, I don't type too fast<G>
I use my quote a bit too with my co-workers and they are all smarter than me!
m2

#31 mischief

mischief

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

Got the PM and answered. Thanks
Dorothy

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics