• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gravityslens

gravityslens

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Orange County, CA

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

OPT has CGEs for 2680.00 in stock (320.00 off usual price). Check it out at optcorp.com.

#2 nofxrx

nofxrx

Vendor (HyperCams & Mods)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Palm Bay,Florida

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Yeah,AND I just HAPPEN to be in the market for a CGE...
BUT I found a BARELY used one with all kinds of Accys(Cassidy weights and saddles,GPS etc) for less than that!!
BUT I came THIS close to buying one from OPT(I even started to enter my CC numbers) but then I heard "You got Mail" and,well now I am just waiting for the deal to finalize...

This really is THE BEST deal on a NEW,GREAT,GOOD LOOKING, AP/Visual mount...period.
CGE is one heck of a mount

#3 phanf4

phanf4

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Over there in Chattanooga

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

I have noticed other dealers listing them as "Back ordered"
I have alse read on the forums that they are still make the CGE's. BUTTTT why is everyone one else still waiting on them..... Could it be celestron will be discontinuing???

Tom

#4 WarrenS

WarrenS

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Orange County New York

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

The CGE OPT is discounting is apparently the older model. Looking through my latest S & T and Astronomy issues, now Celestron is advertising the CGE Pro, with a sort of "open architecture" design. Much improved of course. It must be the Pro that is backordered.

#5 Lord Beowulf

Lord Beowulf

Apollo

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

The CGE OPT is discounting is apparently the older model. Looking through my latest S & T and Astronomy issues, now Celestron is advertising the CGE Pro, with a sort of "open architecture" design. Much improved of course. It must be the Pro that is backordered.

The CGE Pro is NOT a replacement for the CGE. It is a considerably higher weight class mount (90 lbs) and costs 66% more than a CGE. There were rumors (possibly started by OPT with a statement on their website) that Celestron had discontinued the CGE, but other dealers indicate that's not the case. Right now, however, Celestron is having a heck of a time with their deliveries. Note too that OPT's price isn't QUITE as good as it sounds, since most other dealers still listing the standard $3k are providing free shipping (when/if Celestron sends them something to ship!).

Beo

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics