•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Atlas EQ-G users... leg distance fully extended

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 slitherjef

slitherjef

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:15 AM

I am thinking about pouring a slab of concrete in my back yard so I have something level and solid to set up on. My question is, when you extend the legs of your Atlas, how far apart are the feet from one another? Can I talk some one into taking their Atlas out and a tape measure and checking? :D

#2 Applal

Applal

Messenger

• -----

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

Fully extended, the feet of my Atlas EQ-G end up 54" apart.
Hope that helps!

#3 Al Canarelli

Al Canarelli

Gemini

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

I don't know exactly the size of your mount's footprint, but I poured a concrete slab in my backyard for a larger mount and made it 7' X 7'. This size is large enough but my thinking was to make it larger than necessary in the event that I later went to a larger mount.

#4 slitherjef

slitherjef

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

Fully extended, the feet of my Atlas EQ-G end up 54" apart.
Hope that helps!

Thanks!
I was going to build like a compact "observabox" sort of like the one: observabox

Though it would be more of a roll-away and probably not built as good. I was going to use a 48"x48"x4" thick slab just something to keep the mount from digging into the soil and level. Looks like I may need to go a little bigger. Probably should wait until I have the mount in my hands before I start diging a hole and mixing concrete eh? ;)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics