Photo

Meteorites and related materials now on eBay!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

Last week, Galactic Stone & Ironworks listed it's very first batch of eBay auctions. For over a year, I had resisted selling on eBay because the competition is fierce and the fees are getting higher. But, that first batch of auctions did well, so Galactic Stone is now joining the eBay fray! Until further notice, I will be posting a fresh batch of auctions each week on Sunday. These auctions will all be 7 days (to end the next Sunday), start at just .99 cents, and have NO reserve! These auctions are a great opportunity to score some bargains. Last week, a set of Moon and Mars Rocks sold for just $50!

Each batch of auctions will include a mix of meteorites from my store inventory, meteorites from my personal collection, and meteorite-related memorabilia like scientific journals.

Bookmark the following link and check it weekly! -

http://shop.ebay.com...chant/maypickle

This week's auctions include a one-of-a-kind Trinitite sample, Moon and Mars Rocks, Meteorwrong display, Meteoritical Society journals, meteorite micromounts, and more.

Clear skies!

MikeG

#2 BrianRG

BrianRG

Skippy

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

I'm on it this time, Mike. I wasn't able to access a computer while the last ones were ending, and I got sniped! :mad:

No more Mr. Nice Guy! :grin:

Brian

#3 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hi Brian,

Keep an eye out on Sundays for my new auctions. Over the last 4 or 5 months, I have been on a buying rampage - both for my personal collection, and for my store inventory. As a result, I have space rocks crammed into every nook and cranny of my house. Before the wife starts giving me the stink-eye, I decided I better sell some. I've been curious to see how well I could do on eBay, so when that first batch did pretty well, I decided to make it a regular event.

It's interesting to me, because every item starts at .99 cents, so I get to see firsthand what people will pay when there is no pre-determined price. So items fetched more than I expected, some less. eBay is a fickle mistress. :lol:

Best regards and clear skies,

MikeG

#4 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:58 AM

There are some bargains to be had with this week's auctions!

Highlights -

http://shop.ebay.com...chant/maypickle

A 71-gram oriented UNWA stone with dark crust. This specimen is currently bidding at less than $2!!!

A Moon Rock and Mars Rock display set, bidding at under $25!

A collection of 6 different micromounts still at .99 cents!

And lastly, a lot of 2 MAPS Journals (published by the Meteoritical Society)

These auctions all close on this Sunday evening. :)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics