Photo

Autoguiding an LXD75? Hypertuned questions.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaemonGPF

DaemonGPF

Redonkulous

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

Just curious if anyone on here has experience with Hypertuned LXD75 mounts and what your opinions were on how it performs in regards to AP. Found a great offer on one, and I am in the market for a new mount, but wondering what experiences people have had.

Also what options are available for autoguiding an LXD75? I don't see any ST4 autoguiding ports in the online documentation. I was told that you can autoguide via a cable through the hand controller and ASCOM. Any other methods/hardware needed?

#2 EricJD

EricJD

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

If you use the Meade cable and DB9 adapter you don't need anything else to autoguide if your PC has a serial port. If it doesn't you'll also need a serial to USB adapter.

I've only had two imaging sessions with my new, non-hypertuned LXD75 because of clouds, but so far, so good. The best part is the go-to's are dead on so I spend zero time looking for my targets. I can't imagine it's performance if it was actually tuned.

#3 EricJD

EricJD

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

Wait a second man, don't you already have something better than an LXD75 on order?

#4 DaemonGPF

DaemonGPF

Redonkulous

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, I did. It fell through. I'm back to hunting again. I was hoping to swing for an EM200 this summer but other things have come up that will really limit funding at the moment. I'll probably swing for the Tak later next year, finances permitting. With that being said, I'd hate to waste a ton of cash on a mount between a CG5 and an EM200 if I don't need to, but right now I do need a mount as I no longer have one at all. I am still in the process of raising more funding by putting my unused scope stuff up for grabs. The reason I ask about the LXD75 is because I have a hookup on getting a hypertuned one for a great deal. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth considering and if it will be good enough to hold me over for a year and then use as a secondary mount. I'm considering a Sirius EQ-G as an alternative right now.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics