CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

lxd55 accuracy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 osteomark

osteomark

Viking 1

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:30 AM

I have not used my LXD55 and SCT 8" in awhile.
The accuracy after 20 min started going bad. I was wondering should I put in my address each time I use the scope? Does it save the last entered zip code? I have gone to a different zip since last using it. I'll check tonight.
It was polar aligned and level tripod. I've never done training sessions on this, maybe I should. I did the 3 star alignment and it said it was done correctly. I can not remember if I had to put in the time like the old Magellan II. I'd better check that function out. I did see in set up area a time section, but I never check to see if it was the right time.
Thanks,
Mark

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

I've never done training sessions on this, maybe I should.

Yes. Drive training will have a significant impact on goto accuracy. None of the other other things you mention have any bearing on this once a star alignment has been achieved, at least for celestial objects. They matter only for Solar system objects.

#3 osteomark

osteomark

Viking 1

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

John,
Very cool observatory. I live in the city also and have been pondering over the roof top observatory. I have a large 2 car garage and I think your disign could work for me. I'll do the training soon.
Thanks a bunch,
Mark

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics