lxd55 accuracy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 osteomark

osteomark

Viking 1

• Loc: Oswego, NY

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:30 AM

I have not used my LXD55 and SCT 8" in awhile.
The accuracy after 20 min started going bad. I was wondering should I put in my address each time I use the scope? Does it save the last entered zip code? I have gone to a different zip since last using it. I'll check tonight.
It was polar aligned and level tripod. I've never done training sessions on this, maybe I should. I did the 3 star alignment and it said it was done correctly. I can not remember if I had to put in the time like the old Magellan II. I'd better check that function out. I did see in set up area a time section, but I never check to see if it was the right time.
Thanks,
Mark

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:41 AM

I've never done training sessions on this, maybe I should.

Yes. Drive training will have a significant impact on goto accuracy. None of the other other things you mention have any bearing on this once a star alignment has been achieved, at least for celestial objects. They matter only for Solar system objects.

#3 osteomark

osteomark

Viking 1

• Loc: Oswego, NY

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

John,
Very cool observatory. I live in the city also and have been pondering over the roof top observatory. I have a large 2 car garage and I think your disign could work for me. I'll do the training soon.
Thanks a bunch,
Mark

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics