•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQ-3-2 tripod questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 Mauricio Fleming

Mauricio Fleming

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

Hello!
My name is Mauricio, I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
I'm a newby, so I don't really know what I'm talking about...So I'd like to ask you your help.

I've bought a Skywatcher Maksutov 127/1500 and I'm very pleased with the equipment, I think it's a great telescope.

The thing is, I bought a tripod here in Brazil and I think it's not quite right for my telescope. It's a EQ-3-2 (I think), but the legs are different from the EQ-3-2 I've seen elsewhere. Here's the link so you can check it out:

http://www.astroshop...CodProd=AS80065

First of my problems is the counterweight. It's too heavy for my equipment. It has two 5kg counterweights, and the telescope weights just 3,4kg, so I can't balance it properly. Should I buy other conterweights?

The other thing is I found it too large. Do you think it's possible to keep the equatorial mount and get smaller legs for it?

Thank you a lot for your help!

Kind regards,
Mauricio

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics