•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Super C8+ cord

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rythen

Rythen

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

I recently ran into a Super C8+ on craigslist. I'm interested, but they don't have the power cord, so I can't test it out. I was wondering if any of you knew what it uses (i'm new to this and wouldn't even know where to start). Is it something I would be able to get at radio shack or would I have to special order it? Sorry if i posted this in the wrong area!

#2 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Gemini

• Moderators

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

If this is the oval 3 pin cord, it is not available at radio shack. It is often referred to as an HP cord. They are often available up on E-bay, but expect to pay $25+ for one. They were common in the 70's/early 80's and used on some computer equipment, but they were replaced by the now standard 3 pin computer plug. They are now harder to find. If you have an electronic surplus store around, check with them.
Brian

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics