CGEMs are shipping!!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Central California Coast

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

I just got home from work and had an email with my tracking #'s!! :flexible: Now if only the weather holds through the weekend... :praying:

#2 Blixx

Blixx

Viking 1

• Loc: CO. Aurora, USA

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

That's great to hear! How long have you been waiting? I got on the list at the begining of the month, so I wonder how long before I get mine :question: Is this what expecting Fathers feel like? You will have to post pics when you get it.
Dan

#3 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

I ordered mine through OPT on the 12th. They originally told me April 1st so this is a bit unexpected!! I would expect they should be in Colorado in the next day or so.
And there will be pics!!

#4 Blixx

Blixx

Viking 1

• Loc: CO. Aurora, USA

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Right on, I can't wait.
Dan

#5 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

I guess I'd better start planning my weekend targets, and sleep periods.
:fingerscrossed:

#6 TLytton

TLytton

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

I have a similar email! I ordered the CGEM with a 9.25 OTA on March 9th and it is due for delivery on 3-28. Does Astronomics provide Saturday delivery standard? Im excited to get my first GEM and the 9.25!

#7 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

High Five TLytton!! I'm envious of the 9.25, but I was pushing my luck with just the mount. :whistle:

#8 TLytton

TLytton

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for the kudos! I have not been involved in Astronomy for years and I look forward to getting back with a great group of people and learning from everyone. This will be my only scope for a while so I hope it all works out well.

#9 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

You know that 9.25 is a fantastic imaging scope...

You've got a scorching hot setup!! Enjoy :waytogo:

#10 Lord Beowulf

Lord Beowulf

Apollo

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

Last week Lisa, the wonderful Telescopes.com service rep, forwarded me an e-mail from their purchasing department indicating that they were expecting to ship a few by the first part of this week. Since I've been at the top of their list for a couple of months now, the first one will be coming to me when it does ship. Of course I've been on the road since last Friday and away from my home e-mail, so I don't know if it has or hasn't. I decided it'll just be a nice surprise to come home to if indeed it shipped this week. Of course, if so, I'll only have Saturday evening and Sunday to play with it before heading back out of town for another week on Monday! :bawling: At least the weather forcast for the weekend shows two great days, if I'm awake enough after the trip to use 'em!

Beo

#11 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

You know I have a feeling you'll get the adrenalin surge and be posting some fabulous images Sunday! I've got clouds tonight, partly cloudy tomorrow night, then clear for Friday & Saturday (I bought Lotto tickets tonight...).

#12 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

There's just something about the phrase 'Out For Delivery' that warms my heart!!
:yay: :thewave: :rockon: :flexible: :drool5: :whee:

#13 Dr Benway

Dr Benway

Viking 1

• Loc: Abilene, TX

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

I ordered on Feb 3 and no word from Telescopes.com other than email saying it would be back in stock on 4/6/09. I checked the website yesterday and it is listed as in stock right now.

John

#14 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

John... Make the call.... it could be on the way!!

#15 PhilCo126

PhilCo126

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: coastline of Belgium

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

Well well ... that's too early to be an April 1st joke :thinking:

#16 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

It's here...

Posted Image

Very impressive.

FYI - WO rings don't line up with D plate holes.. :shocked:

#17 OpalescentNebula

OpalescentNebula

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Observing south of Grande Prairie & Mable Lake BC

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:06 AM

Gary congradulations, I'd like to get one for my WO 110 Megrez. :jump:

#18 divers

divers

Viking 1

• Loc: Apopka, FL

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:53 AM

Glad you finally got yours....I have had mine for a bit and love it. Only real problems is the powder coating on the saddle is cheap. The paint is already coming off. I will be switching to an ADM saddle whenever Anthony finishes....so I am just ignoring the ugly chips. I have found goto's and tracking to be very good. Stability is ok with the C11. Probably 4-5 seconds dampening time. I do not use supression pads. Once I get a motorized focuser, I think I will have a winning combo.

#19 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:11 AM

Thanks Bill, here's a shot with the M90FD!!

Posted Image

Divers, I think I'm going to like this mount a lot! Very solid and tight. What I mean by tight is that there's no slop like with the CG5.

Now if I can just get everything working together... Q-Guider is giving me heartache again...

#20 OpalescentNebula

OpalescentNebula

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Observing south of Grande Prairie & Mable Lake BC

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

Love that setup, can’t decide if I should go to Phoenix to golf & look at some dark skies or order the CGEM, decisions, decisions. :p

#21 Lord Beowulf

Lord Beowulf

Apollo

• Loc: Cedar Park, TX

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

Well, I'm still waiting to see mine shipped. I looked back at the e-mail I'd received and it was actually a quote of an e-mail from Celestron to Telescopes.com's purchasing stating that Celestron "should start shipping a few" this week. Not that they were shipping any to Telescopes.com, etc. So still I wait!

Beo

#22 Dr Benway

Dr Benway

Viking 1

• Loc: Abilene, TX

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

Beo,

My order status is still "pending", but my credit limit on my VISA card has been reduced by the amount of the CGEM. This is like reading tea leaves!

John

#23 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:30 AM

Wooo Hooo !!!! :flexible: I love this mount!!!

I took the opportunity last night to give the CGEM a test run. I'm still working with William to get my QGuider operational, so I was going to blast a bunch of unguided subs while exercising the mount.

AllStar alignment is pretty groovy, but having never done it I stepped slowly. I had selected Procyon to do the 'Polar Alignment' on, and didn't have much adjustment to put it in the crosshairs, then the mount will slew to where it thinks it should be.... Wacky mount did a meridian flip and BAM, there was Procyon! The mount alt/az adjusters are a dream in comparison to the CG5. Recalibrated the alignment and calibration stars to complete the alignment, then just started cruising the sky. Every target was in the center of the chip! No matter where in the sky.. Once I was doing the high speed slew across the sky and a CHP pulled up and told me to slow it down... Go figure..

Posted Image

I'm sorting through some subs I got while racing around the sky last night, if there's anything worthwhile you'll see it!

#24 LLEEGE

LLEEGE

True Blue

• Loc: Cloud-chester,NY

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

Wooo Hooo !!!! :flexible: I love this mount!!!

I took the opportunity last night to give the CGEM a test run. I'm still working with William to get my QGuider operational, so I was going to blast a bunch of unguided subs while exercising the mount.

AllStar alignment is pretty groovy, but having never done it I stepped slowly. I had selected Procyon to do the 'Polar Alignment' on, and didn't have much adjustment to put it in the crosshairs, then the mount will slew to where it thinks it should be.... Wacky mount did a meridian flip and BAM, there was Procyon! The mount alt/az adjusters are a dream in comparison to the CG5. Recalibrated the alignment and calibration stars to complete the alignment, then just started cruising the sky. Every target was in the center of the chip! No matter where in the sky.. Once I was doing the high speed slew across the sky and a CHP pulled up and told me to slow it down... Go figure..

Posted Image

I'm sorting through some subs I got while racing around the sky last night, if there's anything worthwhile you'll see it!

I see you got the "Cordless" model! :grin:

#25 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Cordless and Solar Powered!!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics