• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neptun2

neptun2

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Bulgaria

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:46 AM

Hi all.I have old heq5 mount (not the syntrek) which i plan to upgrade to synscan.This means that i will also need to buy full upgrade package and replace the motors, one electronic board and part of the panel. Will this be enough to allow me to make 30 to 60s unguided exposures with my 8" f5 newtonian witout star deformation if my polar alignment is correctly done? If i decide later to also add guiding how much will the situation improve? How long exposures did you manage to achieve with heq5 synscan with and without guiding? I have searched for such topic here but did not find appropriate one for heq5.

#2 Arbacia

Arbacia

Apollo

• Loc: Madrid, Spain

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

Reconsider to buy the upgrade package as a complete second hand Synscan HEQ5 can cost less than the upgrade kit.

Consider also a second hand Syntreck and the EQMOD

#3 neptun2

neptun2

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Bulgaria

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:16 AM

Unfortunately in my country i can not get second hand heq5 synscan or syntrek. Maybe something can be imported from other country. I can buy the upgrade kit from opticalvision uk. The price is around 330 british pounds. The price of the syntrek there is 650 british pounds and the price of synscan is 800. You think that second hand heq5 syntrek or synscan can be as low as 300 pounds or lower? This sounds strange to me.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics