• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 coopfore1

coopfore1

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: il

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

lateviewer< The top of the pier is 48 inches off the observatory floor. It is 52 inches to the top plate. Then the top of the tripod is set on top of that. It puts the 11 inch scope around 6 inches too high for me. I am only 5foot 6. One would probably want to make the pier around 36 to 40 inches according to your height. I purposely made the pier 48 so I could accomadate a large refractor... Hope this helps.. CS Gary

#27 hersey0308

hersey0308

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario Canada

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

hey denjo - you have to be incredibly proud of this gear. pier looks fabulous as well. thanks for all the detail you posted on this impressive package.
david

#28 coopfore1

coopfore1

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

Waassaabee,Yea, I was waiting in the front yard when fed ex drove up. The driver was impressed with our roll off roof observatory.I still was not really ready. I had to go to Lowes for some hardware. Thanks to astronomics the scope was delivered within 48 hours of me ordering it online. Good job astronomics. Plus I got the cloudy nights discount and Free shipping. What more could I ask for lol. cs Gary

#29 coopfore1

coopfore1

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

Well, we had first light with the cgem 11. The views were at least as good as my old 10 inch newt. The go-to is dead on. Much better then my asgt cg5. The cg5 was good sometimes but other times not. Probably user error? I was rather impressed with the hand control polar alignment. It gets you pretty close, so no need to purchase a polar scope. Although anyone taking astrophoto over 1 min. would more than likely need to do a drift alignment. I also enjoyed the real time clock. No more need for entering time and date. There is a little bit of mirror shift on the focus. But ,all in all, I am very happy with the set-up. Cannot wait to do some web cam shots with it. Cs Gary

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics