• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sergio Porres

Sergio Porres

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Guatemala

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

I am wondering about the update of the star book,from Vixen, but I have two updates, the update2.1 and the update40. What update should I use? I why the update21, is only available in japan site?

Thanks

#2 pollux

pollux

artiste

• Loc: Burnaby Canada

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:09 PM

The V2.1 update fixes lots of bugs that plagued the StarBook. Like random tracking RA "jump" once every few minutes, star alignment with two stars across the meridian led to unreliable GOTO, Jumpy slewing on both RA and DEC, etc etc

After the update those things disappeared. Slewing much smoother....and GOTO got a lot more accurate with star alignments with stars across meridian etc etc....

I miss my Sphinx. Had to get rid of it because of financial problem (loss of job) :(

When I find a new job I definitely will acquire that mount once more.

#3 Sergio Porres

Sergio Porres

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Guatemala

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

Ok, thanks a lot, and sorry about your job, and I hope the economy get better soon.

#4 Fred1

Fred1

Vanguard

• Loc: Somewhere in the Orion Spur

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

The V2.1 update is available on the US website.
Scroll to "Sphinx/Atlux Starbooks" at the bottom:
http://www.vixenopti...m/downloads.htm

#5 amys

amys

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Groton, CT

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:47 AM

There were lots of problems with the 4.0 update and I think it was actually removed from the Vixen US website. Version 2.1 is the latest. I just installed it on my Starbook (I have the SXW). I honestly didn't notice any difference except possibly less DEC backlash but then again, I haven't had a problems. Several SXD owners have reported improved tracking with Version 2.1.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics