Modifying JMI tripod dolly
1 reply to this topic
Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:10 PM
Just purchased a JMI tripod dolly with 5" wheels for my Berlebach tripod. Tripod now sits somewhat precariously on dolly. I was thinking of drilling our where the tripod sits on the dolly and either bolting them together or make the hole large enough for the end of the leg to just sit in. Anyone done this and do you have any other ideas. Thanks, Dave
Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:00 PM
Well since nobody answeared I just went and did it myself. I removed the spiked bolts from the Berlebach feet and bought matching thread bolts. I eye balled the drill spots and drilled three holes that were almost dead on for the tripod feet. Ran the bolts up through the holes with lock and spacing washers and tightened down. Now no more wories about the tripod flipping off the dolly.