• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Al-Wateen

Al-Wateen

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hello Folks,

I am in need of a help to decide which mount to go for my first ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY. I am going to buy a Intes Micro MN56 and I am looking for a suitable mount under 1000$s. I will also be hooking my guiding scope with it, an 80MM Guider Scope with CCD, I perhaps also will be doing it with a DSLR, the main imaging from DSLR or CCD and vice versa.
I want to know if LXD 75 would be better enough to get on with this setup?

thank you so much in advance for the help.

Regards,

Wateen

#2 GolfSierra

GolfSierra

Vostok 1

• Loc: Michigan

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

I have a MN56 that I used visually on the LXD75 but have since moved it to a GM8. It is adequate, but the GM8 feels more sturdy. BTW, I could not reach focus with an XTi DSLR on my MN56 with a Moonlight focuser. I did not like the stock focuser, you might want to check if you have suffcient in focus travel. I am just short of without changing the height for visual use.

Attached Files

#3 Al-Wateen

Al-Wateen

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:23 AM

Thanks a lot for the reply - atleast a REPLY
Now people are refereing to me to go for ATLAS EQ-G some are saying to go for G11, you are saying GM8 even some folks are suggesting for a Sphinx SXD. But its a matter of investment.
About the focuser, I am wondering if I can use the focuser of Orion 190mm MAK Newtonian, (have somebody checked in that) - I have heard from people that in Mak NEW systems it is best to get a low profiled medium exposure settings with CCD Camera on, but I am much of a DSLR guy, don't want to put more investments on CCD which cannot be used on other uses.

I will be posting a topic about the best focuser for it - so far people are using JMI Cryford style.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics