CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Mount for MN56

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Al-Wateen

Al-Wateen

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hello Folks,

I am in need of a help to decide which mount to go for my first ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY. I am going to buy a Intes Micro MN56 and I am looking for a suitable mount under 1000$s. I will also be hooking my guiding scope with it, an 80MM Guider Scope with CCD, I perhaps also will be doing it with a DSLR, the main imaging from DSLR or CCD and vice versa.
I want to know if LXD 75 would be better enough to get on with this setup?

thank you so much in advance for the help.

Regards,

Wateen

#2 GolfSierra

GolfSierra

Vostok 1

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

I have a MN56 that I used visually on the LXD75 but have since moved it to a GM8. It is adequate, but the GM8 feels more sturdy. BTW, I could not reach focus with an XTi DSLR on my MN56 with a Moonlight focuser. I did not like the stock focuser, you might want to check if you have suffcient in focus travel. I am just short of without changing the height for visual use.

Attached Files

#3 Al-Wateen

Al-Wateen

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:23 AM

Thanks a lot for the reply - atleast a REPLY
Now people are refereing to me to go for ATLAS EQ-G some are saying to go for G11, you are saying GM8 even some folks are suggesting for a Sphinx SXD. But its a matter of investment.
About the focuser, I am wondering if I can use the focuser of Orion 190mm MAK Newtonian, (have somebody checked in that) - I have heard from people that in Mak NEW systems it is best to get a low profiled medium exposure settings with CCD Camera on, but I am much of a DSLR guy, don't want to put more investments on CCD which cannot be used on other uses.

I will be posting a topic about the best focuser for it - so far people are using JMI Cryford style.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics