Wrong tripod, great service from Baader

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joulin

joulin

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:36 AM

Bad luck again! After being send the wrong eyepieces, damaged eypieces, and a tripod that broke after a few weeks (all from different dealers), I now got the wooden tripod from Baader. Before buying it, I specifically asked if my Skywatcher Synscan would fit on to it, and their response was a firm 'yes'.

Well, it does not fit at all. After my complaint however came a quick response. They will try to figure out, to develope, some sort of extra adapter to make it fit. Great service I think.

I would like to keep the tripod anyway, because it is very steady.

#2 Jaxdialation

Jaxdialation

Gemini

• Loc: Northeast, FL

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

Your tripod doesn't work, after being told it would. This isn't great service in my book.

#3 joulin

joulin

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

Well no, you are right in that regard. But mistakes can be made. And they are willing to solve the problem for free. Let's put it this way: I am very relieved. The tripod is meant as a replacement from the broken Skywatcher tripod (See the thread 'broken tripod'). But the English seller of that tripod does not react anymore, nor does the English distributor, nor does Skywatcher. The last two did not even react once. A big problem, because I live in Holland. At least Baader has the decency to help, where the English shops and Skywatcher only think about money, not about customers.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics