Photo

Vixen DD-1 hand controller schematic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

Did anyone ever locate a schematic on this hand controller? I did a search in this group, but had no luck. Appears I have a dead controller for my Vixen mount, probably the diode issue... haven't opened it up yet, just got back from an observing session, neither motor will run.. Hooked it up to a jumper pack... have now heard this may cause problems with the Vixen mounts/controllers. Day late, dollar short. Thanks for any help.

#2 steveeb

steveeb

Mariner 2

• Loc: Murrieta, CA

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

Wes,

You might have better luck over on the Vixen Yahoo Group site. They seem to have component level knowledge on these controllers.

Also, field battery packs, as you know, produce more than 12v. I have one and used it with my SD-1 only to have the controller become burning hot after a couple minutes. I only did that once before I added an in-line voltage regulator (with help from the CN crowd) to drop it to 9V. Now it runs cool as a cucumber and I feel much safer. Once you get yours fixed, you will probably want to do the same, but obviously to 12v for the DD-1.

I'm not sure if yours came with any instructions, but mine did not. I scoured the net and finally found this info on voltage inputs for the SD-1 and DD-1.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics