Photo

Astronomy Business for sale (HyperTune Service)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 HTT

HTT

Lift Off

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

I am Richard Harris of LXD55.com and the inventor of the HyperTune Telescope Service which started in 2001.
If you aren’t familiar with what the HyperTune Service is you can go to LXD55.com/HyperTune for information or just ask around at your next star party.

Some of you may also know me from ScopeTrader.com or from being the webmaster for Astronomy Technology Today magazine.

When I started the HyperTune service in 2001 I never anticipated it growing into what it is today. I’ve been blessed to work with many, many happy customers.
Unfortunately, it’s now grown beyond the scope of my shop and my time.
I have other business ventures I’m working on that split my time up too much.
I also have a family and that only adds to the chaos!
Early in 2008 Telescope Stability Systems was leasing the HyperTune service and distribution rights from me, but Tim Ray (owner) grew ill and could no longer do the work so it all had to come back to me.

I am offering this opportunity for “right company” to purchase my HyperTune Service business.

--- Prerequisites---
* The company would need to have experience in servicing astronomical telescope mounts particularly in the GEM arena (LXD55, LXD75, CG5, Atlas, Orion) etc. or have the willingness and aptitude to learn the trade.
* Have a passion to make the customer happy and continue a legacy known worldwide.

Part of the offering includes;
*The HyperTune registered trademark
*The HyperTune customer base
*LXD55.com and LXD75.com websites and domains (The websites receive over 500,000 hits and 10,000 unique visitors a month)
*Rights to make and distribute HyperTune kits, HyperTune DVD’s, Teflon Bearings, Encoder Kits

I want to emphasis, this is not a dying business but on the reverse – a business that continues to grow. I just can't it to the capacity is deserves.

If you are interested in adding the HyperTune service and products to your business or you want the chance to start a new business please contact me for more information.
Email is richard (at) ScopeTrader.com

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics