Photo

Picking up my Ioptron Mini Tower at NEAF

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Al Canarelli

Al Canarelli

Gemini

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

Thanks to the post that was here a few days ago, I learned about the people from Trapezium Telescopes who test each mount before shipping to you and guaranty it will work properly. As a result of that post, I bought one and I'm happy I did, as the testing is absolutely free. As a result of picking the mount up at NEAF, I also save the shipping expense. Thanks to all for the information I gained from that thread!

#2 Jerry Hyman

Jerry Hyman

Messenger

• -----

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

I have ordered product from Steve Forbes before (Trapezium Telescopes), and was very impressed with his follow-up and making things right if there were any issues. Because of that experience and the discussions in that thread that Al referred to, I went ahead and ordered a Mini Tower with all the upgrades including the better bearings. I will right up a full review for Cloudy Nights after I have used it for awhile with my 9.25" sct, which should really give it a workout.

~jerry

#3 Al Canarelli

Al Canarelli

Gemini

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

I'll look forward to reading your report, Jerry. I ordered my Mini Tower with the basic testing and lubrication, which is free and I expect to be very satisfied with the mount's performance. My purpose for buying the Mini Tower is (1) to use it with my Lunt solar telescope and (2) to use it with a variety of scopes during the cold weather months as a grab an go because of its very light weight and ease of set up. I will also offer a full review for all to read.

As a final heads up, you still have plenty of time to order the mount now, have it tested and tuned and be able to pick up at NEAF, if you have plans to attend. Just telephone Trapezium Telescope and ask for Steve Forbes.

#4 coopman

coopman

Gemini

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

Good luck with the M-T Al. Let us know how you like it once you've had a chance to put it thru its paces.

#5 raf1

raf1

Viking 1

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hi Al - you will you be very pleased with the mount Steve delivers to you at NEAF. The best part about doing business with Trapezium is that there is no "service after the sale" anxiety. Steve stands behind every mount he handles and that is a key ingredient to making the M-T such a great value.

Cheers,

#6 Al Canarelli

Al Canarelli

Gemini

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

Hi Al - you will you be very pleased with the mount Steve delivers to you at NEAF. The best part about doing business with Trapezium is that there is no "service after the sale" anxiety. Steve stands behind every mount he handles and that is a key ingredient to making the M-T such a great value.
============================================================
Ron,

It's precisely because of Steve Forbes' intervention, or tune up/guaranty, that I decided to purchase the Mini Tower. I feel very confident, as you suggest, that I will be happy and content with Steve's work. I've been very intrigued with the Mini Mount ever since I first saw it several months ago. I've taken a "wait and see posture" ever since then until I heard of Steve Forbes, at which time I bought it immediately.

#7 Telescopeman54

Telescopeman54

Vendor - Trapezium Telescopes & Services, LLC.

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

You gentlemen are very kind. I am certain that Al will be quite pleased with his new Mini Tower. I strive to treat all of my valued clients as I would wish to be treated and better.

I sincerely look forward to meeting all of you at NEAF.

CS

Steve

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics