Photo

Paramount problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 jwheel

jwheel

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:10 PM

My name is Joe Wheelock and I work at the McDonald Observatory which is located near Ft. Davis, TX. We have a Paramount ME Which supports a C-14 along with a couple of Tele-Vue refractors. A couple of days ago when we powered up the mount it would make a series of beeps and we could not get it to function properly but today it powered up OK but would not find home in Dec. I would also like to add that about a month ago we lubed the mount, and it has been making that "scrunch, scrunch" noise for quite some time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Mike Sandy

Mike Sandy

Apollo

• -----

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hi Joe,

Sounds like maybe that is a faulty Dec Sensor. Has anything else changed - is the mount properly balanced? I don't know exactly how the alignment systems works (other than as a user) but there are many "power user" on the Yahoo site: http://groups.yahoo....?yguid=94237614 and of course the Bisque support site. You might try there. These are usually very solid and reliable mounts as you know.

#3 JAT Observatory

JAT Observatory

NOT a Wimp

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Joe,
I would raise the dec axis and remove the side plate. Inspect the cables inside to be sure they are all connected and not tangled.

Also if you haven't, perform the homing with the hand paddle disconnected.

#4 jwheel

jwheel

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the information!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics