Just received my notification-email
So you might get your soon as well.

Oh, I had to decline....... :bawling:

#2 Da Bear

Da Bear

Viking 1

• Loc: Kali-Forn-Ya

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:22 AM

I've been hoping to get notified, been on the list maybe a year or so. Probably too soon. But a few always show up shortly on CN and that other site.

Da Bear

#3 Doug D.

Doug D.

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

There is one there right now Da Bear (no, not mine).

#4 MacRoberts

MacRoberts

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Redlands, CA

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

Just got my notification, too. I got on the list in August, less than a year ago, and was expecting to have to wait for at least another 6 months. I think poor economic conditions are causing more "pass" decisions - could well be why I got my notification *much* sooner than expected.

#5 Meiling

Meiling

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:45 AM

May 2008 IIRC, and yes economic circumstances dictate I spend the money on other more needed things.

#6 Tim Porreca

Tim Porreca

Explorer 1

• Loc: Phila., PA / Ocean City, NJ

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

Jim, did you get on the list in '07 or '08?

#7 MacRoberts

MacRoberts

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Redlands, CA

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:53 AM

August, '08. Amazing.

BTW, I passed. :(

#8 Doug D.

Doug D.

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

I think the combination of ramped up production in their new facility plus the economic turndown is having an effect and the Mach 1 is going to be close to an "off the shelf" item, which for A-P probably means under 6 months wait. Just a guess of course...... In any event, I have turned down this mount twice since it was first announced (I was offered one in the 1st round because I'd been on the 400/600 lists for some time). Third time is a charm I guess...!!

BTW, I committed to purchase in early March when they first started contacting folks this round, my mount is supposed to ship in April but no word yet. Does anyone know if they have actually shipped any mounts from this production run?

#9 Tim Porreca

Tim Porreca

Explorer 1

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

Hmmm... I've been on the list since Feb '08, no word yet...

#10 mnaf

mnaf

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Bay Area, CA

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

I think they're a week or two off. Not sure if any have shipped just yet. I've heard that the 3600's may have delayed the Mach1's a bit.

#11 RAKing

RAKing

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: West of the D.C. Nebula

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

BTW, I committed to purchase in early March when they first started contacting folks this round, my mount is supposed to ship in April but no word yet. Does anyone know if they have actually shipped any mounts from this production run?

I talked to them at NEAF and was told to expect mine in the latter part of May.

Ron

#12 JumboFlex

JumboFlex

Messenger

• -----

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

Wait listed myself Nov 21, 2007, got the notification April 21, 2009 (17 months). Expected to ship this upcoming June. I have a feeling I was scheduled to be on the next production run but got in on this one due to multiple cancellations given the time frame others have mentioned as when they got their notices.

When I talked to AP to confirm my order they did tell me they were shipping, if I recall correctly, and also that they would contact me about three weeks or so prior to shipping to confirm things, so if you havent heard from them yet you might have a few weeks.

Im curious how the process works that people who listed themselves months later than I did got earlier notification. Not that Im complaining, just glad my name came up, I expected about 18-24 months so 17 months is a wonderful surprise. It actually went by fairly quick.

I almost passed on it, but in the end I had more reasons to say yes then to say no. Not like I spend money on other things and I have been saving for it so why not. Im lucky enough that Im pretty recession proof with my job.

I always get such a kick about how most of us dont really seem to mind, or perhaps I should say politely tolerate such waiting periods for AP products.

JumboFlex

#13 Doug D.

Doug D.

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:57 PM

When I was contacted the first time I passed but asked to be placed at the back of the line right away. In the meantime, I was contacted by Company 7 with a mount from their allotment - I passed on that one as well. The actual dates for my notifications are a bit fuzzy but I would be surprised if anyone was taken out of order - AP is pretty strict about the notification process.

As for shipping schedule this time around, I haven't heard of anyone actually getting one yet. I was told April back in early March and my latest invoice from a few days ago (I keep changing the order sightly) still says expected April ship date. As Ron says, I'll bet that means May. I'm in no rush and it has given me time to drive myself nuts over an appropriate set of legs or pier.

Doug

#14 Tim Porreca

Tim Porreca

Explorer 1

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

Just got my notification, I said yes... :-)

#15 Doug D.

Doug D.

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

Just an update - received tracking numbers today. My mount is on the way.....

Of course, it has been raining here every day for as long as I can remember but there was some sun today. Not too hopeful about a "first slew" report next week but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

#16 Mike Sandy

Mike Sandy

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: SF Bay Area, CA

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

Things seem to be tracking in a similar way for me as well. I confirmed my order for a Mach1 in early April, and I just got the note from AP to confirm the final order and pay the balance due. Looks like I'm about 2 weeks out from a shipping notice. Too bad really, skies were just starting to clear around here. :foreheadslap:

#17 DeanS

DeanS

Gemini

• Loc: Central Kentucky

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:41 AM

You guys will not be disappointed in any way with this mount. It is so nice :waytogo:

#18 Mike Sandy

Mike Sandy

Apollo

• -----

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:52 AM

You guys will not be disappointed in any way with this mount. It is so nice :waytogo:

Thanks Dean! I've yet to be even remotely disappointed with anything AP sells. I've owned both the 900 and 1200 mounts and they were excellent, I would think the Mach1 would be just as good - or better. The Mach1 is just a couple of weeks away now. I think I need a nice 140mm refractor to ride around on top - 'til then the TV-102 will have to serve that purpose. :jump: :jump:

#19 DeanS

DeanS

Gemini

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

Sounds like the perfect combination. I am picking up a TOA-150 tomorrow and had hoped it would work on the Mach1 for visual but I don't think it will be a good idea.

I will mount it on the 1200 in the observatory for imaging but would like a smaller mount for it when I go in the field. I might have to trade the Mach1 up to a 900 but I really hate to get rid of this little mount that could.

#20 Mike Sandy

Mike Sandy

Apollo

• -----

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

That Takahashi should be a great scope! I'd think the Mach1 could handle that 45 lb load for visual. There is a picture of Mark Jennings Mach1 set-up on Astromart supporting a TEC MC200/15 and an AP 130GT, and he claims it handles it fine. I think I'd give it a try before deciding to trade up to an AP 900. The true beauty of the Mach1 is its great "load density" (high carry capacity and low mount weight) which makes it an outstanding travel package.

The 900 is a great mount that I've used to image - with over 60 lbs on its back......but it is just more of a load to haul out to the field.

#21 DeanS

DeanS

Gemini

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Really, I will have to look for the picture and check it out. Yea I would hate give it up as it is perfect with me E160.

Thanks

#22 Mike Sandy

Mike Sandy

Apollo

• -----

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Check out the AP Forum......picture posted a day or two ago.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics