CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Losmandy Digital Drive Uses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Markls

Markls

Vostok 1

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:30 AM

I have a Celestron/Losmandy Digital Drive that was removed for a Gemini upgrade. If I wanted to use this on another mount setup, what other mounts can this be used on?

Someone asked me this question and I have no idea. I appreciate your experience in this matter.

Thanks,
Mark

#2 Kaizu

Kaizu

Messenger

• -----

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

I have the digital drive, it remained when I updated my G11 to Gemini. I'm going to use it on my home made fork mount. The Losmandy worm gear turns 1r/ 4minutes and the home made turns 1r/ 2min, so I have to put a 2:1 reducer between the digital drive and the worm gear. I dont know, if there is any commercial mount where the worm gear turns 1r/ 4min. as Losmandy (and which don't already have a drive) .

Kaizu

#3 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

I have a Celestron/Losmandy Digital Drive that was removed for a Gemini upgrade. If I wanted to use this on another mount setup, what other mounts can this be used on?

If it was on a GM8 or a CI-700, then it's rigged for a 180 tooth worm gear. If it was on a G11, then it's rigged for a 360 tooth worm gear.

#4 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

• Moderators

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

Parallel to the above question: I will be installing my new Gemini System and motors on my G11 later this month when they arrive from Losmandy. My question is: Do the old motors and drive controller have any market value or should I sell them at all?
Dave, Toronto

#5 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:59 PM

My question is: Do the old motors and drive controller have any market value or should I sell them at all?
Dave, Toronto

The setup usually goes for $200-$250. I'd probably keep it for that price, just in case...

#6 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

My question is: Do the old motors and drive controller have any market value or should I sell them at all?
Dave, Toronto

The setup usually goes for $200-$250. I'd probably keep it for that price, just in case...

That's what I did...

#7 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

Dave, Toronto

That's what I did...

Of course, if anyone who DID keep a set wanted to lend me a handbox until I get mine fixed, that'd be pretty cool... :lol:

#8 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

Dave, Toronto

That's what I did...

Of course, if anyone who DID keep a set wanted to lend me a handbox until I get mine fixed, that'd be pretty cool... :lol:

I'm certain that could be arranged...

#9 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

• Moderators

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

John, I'd be happy to lend you mine whenever my Gemini arrives. (said to be 'late April' according to Losmandy)
There may be a slight cost for you if the US Customs people want to treat it as an 'import', subject to duty.
Dave, Toronto

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics