Photo

Wireless Rumblepad 2 for scope control

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:49 PM

I've been reading about using the Rumblepad with NexRemote to control the Celestron mounts and ordered one up last night. Anyone have any insight for me... Seems I saw someones custom config file a week or so here as well... please chime in!!

Many Thanks!!

#2 Skylook123

Skylook123

Cosmos

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

I've been using a Rumblepad 2 with EQMOD on an Atlas EQ-G for about 3 years. For me, and proobably me only, due to the shape it's pretty clunky to use at the eyepiece. Plus there are so many buttons that the chance of not pressing one unintendedly is about zero. I put a small leash on mine to hold it around my neck when not in my hand, but it's still a sporty use for me.

#3 Hank w

Hank w

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:51 PM

Hi I use the Rumblepad 2 wireless most of the time. I opened the game pad and and removed the two "rumble" motors. Just cut and tape the black and red wire leading to each motor. This greatly extends the battery life. Drill a hole through each hand grip and insert a lanyard of some material, I used raw hide shoe lace. This way you can hang the game pad wherever you want. Then I change the Joystick.ini file in the nexremote directory to make sure I had to press the shift button and either the enter, align, and undo button at the same time. That is to prevent an accidental pressing of one of these vital button prematurely.
Hank

Attached Files

#4 Hank w

Hank w

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

Let me try that again did not realize I had another file named .tex Try this file

Attached Files

#5 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

Hank, I think I'm with you up to the

press the shift button and either the enter, align, and undo button at the same time. That is to prevent an accidental pressing of one of these vital button prematurely.
Hank

part.

And what other file? :confused:

#6 Hank w

Hank w

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hi Waassaabee: One complaint about using the game pad controller is the accidental hitting one of the buttons during the alignment procedure, making you repeat the entire alignment. To avoid this, go to Your celestron/nexremote/joystick.ini folder and apply the changes I showed in the second attachment above (the first attachment was a mistake). This means, when you want to press enter, align, or undo during observation session you must also at the same time press the shift button. Keeps from an accindental button press if the game controller hits the mount or something. Once you get use to the game controller it become second nature. I also like the voice prompts from the computer telling me what commands I just entered in nexremote. I can be looking through the eyepiece, pressing a button and listening to the commands I entered. Hitting the info button and hearing when viewing. You can always turn this feature off, my neighbors think I'm talking to myself.
Hank

#7 waassaabee

waassaabee

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

Hank, Thanks for the clarification!! That makes perfect sense now, and I see the changes in the attached document..

Rumblepad shipped yesterday, so I should have time to familiarize before next weekend...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics