Photo

ASGT Cg5 Alignment Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wave Vector

Wave Vector

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

Some objects are not in the center of the eyepiece when I use GOTO. if I use the hand controller to bring the object to center, do I have to preform another alignment?

Thanks

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:10 PM

Some objects are not in the center of the eyepiece when I use GOTO. if I use the hand controller to bring the object to center, do I have to preform another alignment?

Thanks

No. You would only have to realign if you undid the locks and moved the scope manually. A number of things can help with "off" go-tos, but one which will do the most good is always using only the UP and RIGHT keys when doing final centering of the alignment stars.

#3 Wave Vector

Wave Vector

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

Thank you Mr. Mollise

I really needed that information. I am going out tonight, it is first clear night in a number weeks :jump:

#4 Fred1

Fred1

Vanguard

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

Also, be sure that the mount has completed its GOTO. Often it will appear that the mount has stopped, but if you check the LCD on the hand control you will see a rotating image in the upper right corner, which indicates the mount is still moving. Wait until the rotating image disappears before trying to precisely center with the UP and RIGHT keys as Uncle Rod says.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics