CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EON/Equinox and Tube Rings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 jcrew

jcrew

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

I posted this in the refractor section, but thought I would see what I found out here as well. I hope that is okay?

I have the 8 inch dovetail plate that came with my mount. Unfortunately it is too long to accomodate putting some tube-rings on the EON80. I am also wanting to mount a ST80 on it as a guide scope.

Any suggestions for a different dovetail mounting plate? Please tell me your thoughts. Frustration of making this work is starting to set in... :tonofbricks: :grin:

Thank you,
Brad

#2 jcrew

jcrew

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

Oh...by too long I mean where the rings would fit on the OTA does not line-wup with any of the screw holes on the mounting plate.

Thanks,
Brad

#3 jcrew

jcrew

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

Well, I widened a hole in the dovetail mounting plate which allowed me to get the rings on the OTA. Next...aligning the bolt holes for the ST80 mounting plate.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics