• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kagoshima

Kagoshima

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:50 AM

Hi All,
I am looking for some information about an older Celestron drive corrector, a Celestron Dual axis Quartz Crystal Drive Corrector, black colour.It has a handpaddle with 4 buttons for guiding. Does anyone know of these? How much would they go for used? When you plug them in does is the power light supposed to come on? usually that means a problem in my books but I am thinking that maybe all the wires and what not need to be plugged into the scope etc. for the light to come on? I have seen one for $150 but apparently the light doesn't come on when plugged in. Any ideas about what I should offer? I would like to guide an old orange tube C8 with it.
Thanks,
Chris :confused:

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:14 AM

Hi All,
I am looking for some information about an older Celestron drive corrector, a Celestron Dual axis Quartz Crystal Drive Corrector, black colour.It has a handpaddle with 4 buttons for guiding. Does anyone know of these? How much would they go for used? When you plug them in does is the power light supposed to come on? usually that means a problem in my books but I am thinking that maybe all the wires and what not need to be plugged into the scope etc. for the light to come on? I have seen one for $150 but apparently the light doesn't come on when plugged in. Any ideas about what I should offer? I would like to guide an old orange tube C8 with it.
Thanks,
Chris :confused:

For a drive corrector? Not much. These are not collectors items, and any drive corrector will work with the Celestron scope...all they are is adjustable (frequncy wise) inverters with a DC output for a declination motor. I'd offer 25 bucks for one in workin' condition maybe.

The light, yeah, it should light. That don't mean the thing ain't workin'...and a multimeter will quickly reveal the facts of the case.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics