Photo

CGE, EQAlign, and questions...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

Hi all,

Well I finally got my pier, so I spent the weekend installing it and the CGE. Naturally, I ran into a few snags...

First question... the new CGE version allows for polar alignment on any star. Yet, when I adjust the alt, or az, the star seems to move in the same plane... hence no centering occurs. Any idea why? ( I was using Arcturus)

Second question... I tried EQAlign and the program says that I need ASCOM 2008 installed and then crashes. I have ASCOM 2008 installed, so it seems that EQAlign isn't recognizing it... anyone had this problem or know of a fix?

Cheers
Tim

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

Hi all,

Well I finally got my pier, so I spent the weekend installing it and the CGE. Naturally, I ran into a few snags...

First question... the new CGE version allows for polar alignment on any star. Yet, when I adjust the alt, or az, the star seems to move in the same plane... hence no centering occurs. Any idea why? ( I was using Arcturus)

Second question... I tried EQAlign and the program says that I need ASCOM 2008 installed and then crashes. I have ASCOM 2008 installed, so it seems that EQAlign isn't recognizing it... anyone had this problem or know of a fix?

Cheers
Tim

This is an inevitable problem when trying to center a star to East or West using the alt/az adjusters. Make it easy on yourself and use a star to the South...or just good, old Polaris.

#3 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

Thanks,
I got thinking about that after the clouds moved in... Polaris is blocked by trees, so I'll shift to the south next time.
Cheers
T

#4 tjugo

tjugo

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hi Tim,

I had the same issue with eqalign.
To fix the ASCOM issue I installed the ASCOM .NET Client Toolkit Update from here:
http://ascom-standar...formUpdates.htm

The direct link is:
http://download.asco...ate(1.0.5a).exe

Cheers,

Jose

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics