CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CGE, EQAlign, and questions...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

Hi all,

Well I finally got my pier, so I spent the weekend installing it and the CGE. Naturally, I ran into a few snags...

First question... the new CGE version allows for polar alignment on any star. Yet, when I adjust the alt, or az, the star seems to move in the same plane... hence no centering occurs. Any idea why? ( I was using Arcturus)

Second question... I tried EQAlign and the program says that I need ASCOM 2008 installed and then crashes. I have ASCOM 2008 installed, so it seems that EQAlign isn't recognizing it... anyone had this problem or know of a fix?

Cheers
Tim

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

Hi all,

Well I finally got my pier, so I spent the weekend installing it and the CGE. Naturally, I ran into a few snags...

First question... the new CGE version allows for polar alignment on any star. Yet, when I adjust the alt, or az, the star seems to move in the same plane... hence no centering occurs. Any idea why? ( I was using Arcturus)

Second question... I tried EQAlign and the program says that I need ASCOM 2008 installed and then crashes. I have ASCOM 2008 installed, so it seems that EQAlign isn't recognizing it... anyone had this problem or know of a fix?

Cheers
Tim

This is an inevitable problem when trying to center a star to East or West using the alt/az adjusters. Make it easy on yourself and use a star to the South...or just good, old Polaris.

#3 tjensen

tjensen

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

Thanks,
I got thinking about that after the clouds moved in... Polaris is blocked by trees, so I'll shift to the south next time.
Cheers
T

#4 tjugo

tjugo

Apollo

• -----

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hi Tim,

I had the same issue with eqalign.
To fix the ASCOM issue I installed the ASCOM .NET Client Toolkit Update from here:
http://ascom-standar...formUpdates.htm

The direct link is:
http://download.asco...ate(1.0.5a).exe

Cheers,

Jose

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics