• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stuper

stuper

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Central California

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

I'm building a pier for my 10" LX200 Classic to be mounted in an alt/az configuration. For the pier plate, it seems that the power panel interferes with where I was thinking to put some of the bolts -- I had been thinking of four bolts at 90-degrees from each other. Even if I only use three bolts it won't be possible to have them 120-degrees apart with an 11" diameter pier plate, due to the power panel interference. Can anybody else with an LX200 give me some advice on my bolt pattern and also on what size J-bolts to get? For the bolt pattern, pictures or diagrams would be most welcome. Thanks!!!

#2 DrBuck

DrBuck

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Susanville, No. Calif.

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

I would definitely suggest 3 bolts. It makes it easier to level the plate. Drill holes thru the 1/2 inch steel plate, cut the heads off the bolts and weld them into the hole. You will then have a flat plate with no bolt heads. Drill a hole in the middle, and you will have it. the picture is my plate for the LX 200 `12 inch adapted for a cge.

Attached Files

#3 stuper

stuper

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Central California

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Doc, thanks for the tips -- much appreciated! What size bolts did you use?

#4 DrBuck

DrBuck

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Susanville, No. Calif.

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:31 PM

They are 1/2 inch diameter and raised above the base plate so that you can reach your hand in and bolt upwards into the base of the LX-200!! The picture is of My LX-200 12 inch on a mitty equatorial wedge that has been replaced by a Tak 152 on the CGE--- :)

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics