4 replies to this topic

#1 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • Loc: Oort Cloud 9

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

Hi Folks!

Thanks to an influx of investment capital, big positive changes are coming to Galactic Stone & Ironworks meteorites.

1) I have upgraded the Galactic Stone website. Customers can now register for an account, track recent orders, and store their shipping/payment information.

2) Each sale category on the website now has an RSS newsfeed. Now you can get the latest offerings directly to your browser via RSS. Just look for the RSS link on each category page. Be sure to subscribe to the "Brand New" category feed - that way you'll be notified whenever new items are added.

3) Expanded inventory! I am now offering larger pieces, more exotic specimens, and a wider variety of types. Listed below are some of the new offerings that will be appearing very soon -

Fossils - opalized Ammonite shells, shark teeth, petrified wood, bones and more.

Minerals - a wide variety of tumbled and polished stones, including semi precious stones.

Meteorites - tumbled meteorites, meteorite beads, meteorite cabochons, Muonionalusta etched iron slices, Silicated Campo irons, historical falls, and more.

Impactites - Libyan Desert Glass, Darwin Glass, Shattercones, breccias, and new tektites.

Personal items - I have upgraded many of the specimens in my personal collection. So, I will be selling the old pieces from my collection - these are high quality pieces from my personal display case. I will be adding these in small batches in the coming weeks.

Meteorite collecting supplies - Galactic Stone always has a full stock of Riker boxes, gemjars, membrane boxes, jeweler's loupes, rare earth magnets, and more.

We are currently in the process of moving from Louisiana to Florida. This move will be completed in about 10 days. I will be adding all of the new items after the move, so don't expect to see any of this new stuff right away. Consider this announcement as a "heads up" and I will post another notice when we get moved, settled in, and I start offering the new goodies.

To be on the advance notice mailing list - contact me at mike@galactic-stone.com and I will notify you by email prior to any of the items being announced to the public. My mailing list members get first dibs on everything! :)

Thanks for looking!

MikeG

#2 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:25 AM

NOooooooooooo,

Mike is closed until 5/1, Todd until mid May-how do I get my meteorite fix?

edj

#3 moonman

moonman

Viking 1

• Loc: Wisconsin

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:19 AM

Ed - we have to go on Meteorites Anoyonomous for a little while. When the boys get their stores operating again we go off the wagon. ;)

#4 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

meet me at MA tonight, and brings some rocks to trade

edj

#5 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • Loc: Oort Cloud 9

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

:lol:

You guys are anxious for the grand-reopening? I am feeling like a kid before Christmas. I have about 20 packages, containing everything from a lapidary saw to Martian meteorites sitting at my new residence in Florida - waiting for me to get there and open them! Some of it is to keep, some of it is to sell. It's going to be like Christmas morning and my birthday all rolled into one when I finally sit down to open and process them all. :)

But first I have to unpack my own personal collection and my current store inventory - then I can focus on the new goodies......and then the store will reopen. :)

Best regards and clear skies!

MikeG

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics