Photo

Trapezium announces the Wedge is here!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Telescopeman54

Telescopeman54

Vendor - Trapezium Telescopes & Services, LLC.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

It is finally here!After many months of testing and development we have finally released the first of the EQ Wedges for the iOptron Mini Tower. It is now on our web site in our new Web Store. Just imagine, having the ability to track in one axis only and with a few twists of the knobs be back in Alt/Az mode. The best of both worlds, Alt/Az and EQ are now available with one mount!

We spent almost six months testing our personal Mini Towers on the proto-type wedge. During that time we made changes and improvements. Once we were ready to go we teamed up with Anthony Davoli at ADM Accessories and asked him to build it for us. It made perfect sense since he has an advanced CNC machine shop and a brand new laser engraver. The workmanship from ADM is just stunning! Anthony made a few minor adjustments and additions that have really made the EQ Wedge a solid and easy to use accessory for the Mini Tower.

The Mini Tower EQ Wedge is made from solid CNC machined parts. There are NO CASTINGS to be found anywhere. Castings are cheap and can break with extreme temperature changes. We did not want to risk any client's telescope just to save a few dollars.

The Mini Tower EQWedge is designed to work on the factory tripod, the Atlas/EQ-G tripod and with and optionalspecial adapter it will work on the CG5 tripods. We will soon have it ready to fit the Meade Standard Field tripod, too.

Currently, the first run is at the shop being anodized in black. They will be in our hands as soon as they are done. This should be by the end of April which is only a week away. We are now taking orders for the EQ Wedge for the very reasonable price of $379.00. Order now and we will include free shipping. Once the first run is gone then the free shipping deal is gone too.

There are other new items on our newly updated web site, so, come on over and check it out!

Best wishes and clear skies,

Steve Forbes

#2 therocksal

therocksal

Viking 1

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:46 AM

Dammit...I was set on a CGEM...but I wanted a mini tower...now that the wedge is here, I might have the best of both worlds...luckily, it will be 4 months before I buy either so I can see how well it goes......great job!

#3 Telescopeman54

Telescopeman54

Vendor - Trapezium Telescopes & Services, LLC.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! "Ain't I a stinkah?!" (Bugs Bunny) :grin:

The reason that we developed the wedge was to have the best of both worlds. Also, someone said it couldn't be done. I love a challenge! LOL :evillaugh:

Whenever you are ready we will be here for you.

The wedges are right now at the anodizer and should be in our hands in a very short time. We've already got orders coming in so I guess we did something right. :thankyou:

Thank you and clear skies,

Steve

#4 Hazarry HAA

Hazarry HAA

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

steve,

any idea where to get/order the wedge if someone like me wants it ship international?

#5 coopman

coopman

Gemini

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:22 AM

So what's up with the Mini Tower being out of stock for 2-3 weeks now at Trapezium? If you click on the "Buy Now" button it goes to a page that says "product not found".

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics