CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mount CGE on AP portable pier?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 BWAZ

BWAZ

Apollo

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

For half permanent use. I thought about concrete pier, but dealing with concrete really scares me off, to be honest :p

I wonder if I can use the AP adapter LM2APT ( scroll down on this page: LM2APT, it is designed for G-11 head) to mount the head of the CGE w/o the electronic pier onto the 6" AP portable pier? Or any other suggestion?

As for the electronics, I can make a box like what Bobby did for his CEG pro.

#2 DrBuck

DrBuck

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

I am not familiar with the AP adapter, but when I wanted to mount my new CGE to my homemade pier, I had a 1 inch thick piece of aluminum machined to fit up inside the CGE electronics Pier (cost 72 dollars)the machinist also drilled a 1/2 inch hole in the middle and recessed it so the bolt head was flush with the top. Then I drilled and tapped holes in the edge to line up with the CGE. You may be able to do something like that.

Attached Files

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics