CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Autoguiding em200 with DSI

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 lernerda

lernerda

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:19 AM

I am about to purchase an em200, and looking to guide using my dsi-C. Can anybody help me with how to information? Software?

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

The easiest way would be to use PhD software, a GPUSB, and the Shoestring astronomy Tak guiding adaptor. The SBIG guide cable that comes with the mount can be adapted to work with the GPUSB but the guide adaptor is easier.

#3 lernerda

lernerda

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:00 AM

Shoestring astronomy Tak guiding adaptor. Not expensive, $18.

I already the DB-9 to RJ-11 Adapter that came with the camera and a usb-serial cable. This has already worked in controlling my meade lx90 with the computer. Do I still need to purchase the GPUSB from showstring?

#4 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

Shoestring astronomy Tak guiding adaptor. Not expensive, $18.

I already the DB-9 to RJ-11 Adapter that came with the camera and a usb-serial cable. This has already worked in controlling my meade lx90 with the computer. Do I still need to purchase the GPUSB from showstring?

I dunno. I've never heard of anyone guiding a Tak mount via the serial port, and I've never tried it myself. I don't know whether the Temma Ascom driver implements the necessary commands or not. If I ever get some sky, I can check and see.

#5 iriise

iriise

Sputnik

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

The ASCOM driver does support guiding through the serial port!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics